BladeForums loading problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having probs right now. I try to post and window comes up asking if I want to stay on same page. I click on the stay button about 3 times and my post may go up. If not, a page comes up that says Google Chrome can't find Bladeforums.

Tim, when that window comes up again, click on 'leave that page' and it will post it all right. Sometimes double post but that's better than nothing. :)

I never remember to check the box that saves a a copy to my sent folder. Very frustrating as I belong to about 5 forums and this is the only one that does not automatically save sent messages. All they have to do is put a very low limit of what can be saved in that folder and we will be forced to manage it. I am sure this is not a new topic...

This is such a completely different topic, it should go in its own Tech Support thread.

It's there. You just have to know where to look. Go to Settings, on the left to My Settings, to General Settings, to Sent Private Messages. And you're good! :)

As frustratin' as the slow loadin' times and double posts are since BFC started in '98 the down time vs up time includin' the problems with changin' formats, management and servers, is still far better than the other sites and considerin' the membership, volume of posts and the pictures, (this site has almost as much bandwidth bein' used for pics as a photography site) I think Kevin and his IT guys do pretty can good.

One last thought, it could always be worse... ;)

Things seem to be working alot better now. Thank you all who work hard to keep this forum up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smooth sailing, thanks, Spark ! :thumbup:
Loading as fast as I ever remember.

Doug

Seems to be working fine for me too today thanks :thumbup:

Looks great. :thumbup: Which is saying something, given the ISP I look at the web with. :D

I'm curious. Did you use my suggestion of a shot of Starting Fluid and a can of STP oil treatment in each server tower for the fix? :D

Running great today no leave this paige window and fast load time great job guys now come down off the energy drink buzz and get some sleep :eek:

Bladeforums is back and very fast now,actually it seems to load faster than it did before the trouble started.
Great work

It's been very variable here in Finland, last two days OK/normal. Prior to that, delays in loading, impossible to get in or warnings that the site is dangerous to access....

Since things improved yesterday evening, so far so good! :thumbup:

Thanks again, Spark. :)

Yup happened to me too, thought it was only me all along and then I saw this thread on my front page.

I'm amazed its been going on since Jan because I never had a problem back then. I'm sure its nothing big.

The cyber warriors attacking this site off and on, must be only working part time. :D

Sorry, noticed the new thread for reports. Moved this post there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back