Buck Sheath Thread - Let's see'em!

Nothing unusual, but I need to give some recognition to this Buck Custom sheath. This is my main trail riding sheath. This one was stripped of its high gloss finish, oiled, and had its leather tie down shortened.

IMG_2550-1.jpg

This one is from A.G. Russell. Really nice quality. Handmade in the USA.

IMG_8160_zpsi5syij8p.jpg

Is that the 5" or 6" version of that sheath for the 110?? What does the backside of that sheath look like (ie is it a loop or strap sewn top and bottom like the current 110 factory sheaths)?

Is that the 5" or 6" version of that sheath for the 110?? What does the backside of that sheath look like (ie is it a loop or strap sewn top and bottom like the current 110 factory sheaths)?

It's the 6" version. I tried both. No way the 110 is going in the 5" version. Here is some additional information that I received from A.G. Russell since the website only gives outside dimensions.

"The POU-5SL says that it will fit a knife that is no longer than 4 1/2 inches, no thicker than 1/2 inch and no wider than 1 1/2 inch.

On the larger pouch, it will fit a knife no longer than 5 1/4 inches, no thicker than 1/2 inch, and no wider than 1 1/2 inches."

Back side has a loop like the old Buck sheaths, not a strap sewn top and bottom. Inside snap is covered with leather.

I just reversed it and did a little embellishment

Pretty clever. And here I thought you did an outstanding job of exactly duplicating the original sheath. :D

20151018_192611_zpss9qbck4w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150919_181802_zpsoctthlps.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Some homemades

Rivet, rop arch of blade secures once past rivet.

Brining this back to life with my new sheath I just picked up. Been looking for open end sheath for my 317s. Plus it is a clip and not a loop, can change it quick between any belt. Also like that it sticks up a little more than most knives would, will make a lanyard hang better and a quicker removal.

This is my go to sheath.
It gets used a lot right along with the old two dot stag.
It's easy to just clip it on a belt and go.
Dang….I like using that Buck 110! :)

Very nice. I love carrying one also.

Back