1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Butler Derringers

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by texasboy, Jun 23, 2012.

1. texasboy

texasboy

May 23, 2007
    Me and my dad were just at a gun show. They had a box set of butler .22 short single shot derringers. The numbers matched. They were in fair condition and had sequential serial numbers. The box came with them. One had a mother of pearl handle with a bronzed steel barrel and frame. The other had a wooden handle with a brass frame and blues barrel. I have a couple of questions. Does anybody know anything about these derringers and this brand? And what would be a good price for that?

2. Brules1

Brules1

Jul 22, 2007
    I had one many years ago. Although they looked good, mine was a POS. I had many FTF's. I sold it. I think there may have been problems with the hammer spring.

3. tyr_shadowblade

tyr_shadowblade

Jan 3, 2006
    These derringers are based on the Colt Thule design and are known for light hammer strikes . . . but a second attempt at firing will usually set them off, and certain brands of ammo (Federal, CCI) are more sensitive than others. A few "Made in Germany" versions of the Butler were imported prior to the 1968 GCA import ban and they are very similar but a lot cheaper. A NIB boxed set will be overpriced for what it is . . . which is basically a display set to hang on the wall.

4. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    Just get this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's .22magnum, which is light years more reliable than .22 short or .22lr. It's 350 +75 if you want a .22lr conversion. They will ship around August.

5. Brules1

Brules1

Jul 22, 2007
    The NAA deringer is a a great little (tiny) gun.