C M McClung co

I got an old axe from my grandfather. the axes has C M McClung co of Knoxville tenn. Are good?

C.M. McClung Co. was a wholesale hardware business founded in 1884. The quality of the axe would depend on who made it for McClung.

2166301630106527298S200x200Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2432355180106527298S200x200Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

C.M. McClung Co
anybody have an idea who made axe's for this hardware company?

one thing very confusing is , most tools like axes, pliers, tongs,scissors and almost everything else etc; were or are made by companies
specializing in the manufacture there of...
the distributors , wholesalers, jobbers and brick and mortar stores, hardware stores only sold the products.
Sears & Roebuck, Montgomery Ward,Gambles, J.C. Penny, Keen Kutter,Simmons, Western Auto,Wyeth and hundreds of others mostly marketed products made by manufacturers.
i don't know why i'm writing this?
Wyeth did actually build wagons in St. Joseph .Missouri. the wagon parts were purchased from suppliers
anybody got any tools with a Wyeth stamp?
Sears doesn't make wash machines!@%$#!

well anyway, i apologize

buzz

thanks for the pics skyliner.! that thing is really nice... id hold onto it for sure...
looks like it could use a good cleaning and she'll be set to go...

If I was a betting man, I would say Kelly might of made it. Proximity, and their history with Belknap also nearby, makes sense. Though the stamping on that, the "N"s in tenn look just like the "N"s in MANN........not sure if that means anything at all.

I have a glass display case with a small metal plate on the front that says M. C. McClung and Co. Knoxville, Tenn. My father worked for the Clinchfield RR for years and he displayed RR memorabilia in it as have I for the last 20 yrs. I,m moving and will not have room for it(case and collectibles). Any ideas on how to sell?

I have a glass display case with a small metal plate on the front that says M. C. McClung and Co. Knoxville, Tenn. My father worked for the Clinchfield RR for years and he displayed RR memorabilia in it as have I for the last 20 yrs. I,m moving and will not have room for it(case and collectibles). Any ideas on how to sell?
I might be interested? Sounds interesting! Here's my email; jedgar1980@gmail.com
Shoot me a couple pics and maybe we can work something out?

I'm not capable(technology challenged) but a friend is coming over Sunday to help get ready for in-house moving sale. He's not as challenged so maybe he can send them.
Yes please have him try! I really do enjoy these older items and if we could come to an agreement that would be great!
We can also exchange cell phone #s over email and that may facilitate an easier exchange of photos. Thanks and hopefully I'll hear from you soon!

Back