1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Camco Lone Ranger

Discussion in 'Camillus Collector's Forum' started by jdflew, May 4, 2006.

1. jdflew

jdflew

May 2, 2006
    I have a red Camco Lone Ranger knife which was found in Wappingers Falls some years ago. Does any one know the history of the manufacture and dates that it was sold? Today I also saw a Black and White and an Ivory one on ebay. Any ideas regarding value?...Average used condition

2. El Lobo

El Lobo

Sep 6, 2002
    There is a thread on down the page a bit...where Camco (Tom) told us they were introduced in 1949. Maybe he'll check in with some more information when he gets a chance.

Bill

3. CAMCO

CAMCO Moderator Moderator

Dec 29, 1999
    The Lone Ranger knife was introduced in 1949. This knife was Camillus's #26 pattern and was offered in red, black and white (cracked ice). The handles were hot stamped on one side and the other side had the silver bullet shield. A plastic lanyard was included with each knife. These knives are currently valued at $25 to $100.

A replica of the Lone Ranger knife was made for Smoky Mountain Knife Works in the 1990's. Many of these knives were sold with a commemorative Lone Ranger tin box.

If you send me an email with your mailing address I will send you copies of the Lone Ranger records.

Tom Williams

4. CAMCO

CAMCO Moderator Moderator

Dec 29, 1999
    Dave,
    I need your postal mailing address. You can send me an e-mail.

Tom Williams