1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Camillus 30-06 Utility Knife

Discussion in 'Camillus Collector's Forum' started by Phil in Alabama, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Phil in Alabama

Phil in Alabama

Oct 31, 2005
    Found this one at a knife shop in Hartselle, Alabama. Shop still has quite a few NOS Camillus knives. This is a five blader with the 30-06 cartridge base for the shield.
    [​IMG]

2. Phil Gibbs

Phil Gibbs Cutlery Student Platinum Member

Nov 11, 1998
    Nice find!

3. Phil in Alabama

Phil in Alabama

Oct 31, 2005
    What's strange is that the sample he had on display had a serrated sheepfoot blade. He got one in the box out of a larger box of all Camillus knives, and when we pulled it out of the wrapper, the sheepfoot was plain edged! He asked if I wanted to get another out, but I liked the plain edge better than a serrated anyways, and the main blade spring was stronger than the display knife. This one was fairly sharp right out of the box, and a few strokes on some ceramic sticks put it to hair popping.

4. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    A super find for sure.