1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Camillus Barlow

Discussion in 'Camillus Collector's Forum' started by ASBOB, Jul 9, 2012.

1. ASBOB

ASBOB Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2008
    I just lost a gorgeous knife on the auction site. It was Camillus New York. A barlow. listed as 3 3/4" inclosed, bakelite, with a sheepsfoot blade. The listing was for "utility knife", but I'm not sure that wopuld be the title to look under.

My questions:

--what name should I use to search for this?

--anyone know anything about this or have a picture?

--besides the usual sites, any other place I should be checking?

2. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    If this is the knife (item number: 390436639859), you could ask the seller. He is a former Camillus employee.

3. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    I know this is an old thread but I just picked up a Camco 551 Barlow off the bay and needed a place to post a picture for all to see. The knife is in unused condition. Any idea of the age? Or should I look at Larry's site and find out for myself.

[​IMG]

4. Vit_213

Vit_213

Feb 4, 2011
    Camillus Barlow #50
    [​IMG]

5. Really nice, I like that.

6. CAMCO

CAMCO Moderator Moderator

Dec 29, 1999
    Camillus made two sizes of the Barlow knife. The standard Barlow knife (#5541 pattern) measured 3 3/8" closed and was stamped with the model numbers #10 and #11 TipTop and #51. A CAMCO version was also offered as model #551. The Daddy Barlow
    (#599 pattern) was 5" closed and was stamped model #9.
    If you search "Camillus Barlow knife" on Ebay several knives are usually listed.
    Camillus also made the standard Barlow knife for other customers including: Montgomery-Wards, Sears-Roebuck, Lipic, Western, Robeson, New Britian and KA-BAR.
    Tom Williams

7. Vit_213

Vit_213

Feb 4, 2011
    Camco Barlow #551
    [​IMG]

8. mley1

mley1

May 6, 2010
    I have a Camillus Daddy Barlow. But, it doesn't have the 9 stamped on it. It's a very nice knife. But, I'm wondering why it wouldn't have the 9 stamped on it.

9. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    I got 2 Camco Barlows one it nice tight and the other got a weak spring on the big blade.

10. Captvideo

Captvideo Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2014
    I d like to find a tip.top.with bone handles.

11. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    I didn't know Camillus made Barlows for Robeson! Does anyone have one? Maybe a picture?

12. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Inexpensive but everything a barlow should be. CAMCO 551

[​IMG]

13. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Yep those CAMCO Barlow s are nice.