Can anyone identify this Benchmade?

Hi,

I'm a new user, from Brazil... I just bought this knife, here in Rio. No model name, the guy from the mall store didn't know either (yeah, really), and despite being in a mall, in Brazil, I got this for a really reasonable price.

I couldn't find it in the Benchmade catalog, nor any info on the web.
Is this a discontinued model? Fake counterfeit? :confused:

It's an anodized aluminum handle (or so it seems) and maybe a 440C steel blade (IANAE) with a liner lock. The clip is very different from anything BM offers nowadays. Does anyone have a clue? Any help would be appreciated!

3902767536_b52f2df6b8_o.jpg

3901989357_dd97c58458_o.jpg

3901989437_cd21cefa36_o.jpg

3902767822_2b5d6b5eb0.jpg

I'm even glad if it's a fake knife, cause it's REALLY sharp (don't have the CATRA ratings right now :), smooth opening, and just plain nice. But I'll be better on knowing it's a real BM!

Leguas

I don't think it's genuine. However, it does look kinda like an Ambush which does not have the linerlock. I think there should be a model number right under the benchmade butterfly if it is genuine.

It looks like a fake to me. But, then, I'm not a Benchmade expert. However, all my Benchmades have the model # on the blade.

Looks like it might be a fake. The pocket clip doesn't look like a typical BM clip and no other markings.

Looks fake, missing the model number under the butterfly, any info on the back of the blade such as steel type or designer. The clip is not a BM.

Have they ever put the logo on the ground part of the blade?

Looks like a fake, just as a guess. In fact, looks like an Osbourne 94X + Ambush model + the clip from a Skirmish.

Does it say USA under the butterfly?

Oh, and give Benchmade an email with the pics if need be. They'd know better than anyone.

FAKE, ambush looking handle, skirmish clip
The butterfly is in the wrong spot too, it should be next to the thumbstud

Man, replies are FAST around here :)
Well, let's get to the verdict --- it's counterfeit.
No USA under the benchmade logo (there's just 3 unreadable letter initials) and inspecting the package more carefully, the commitment ends with "... we will continue in this qudst" (yeah, really! quDst!).

It's ok, I guess... I'll return that tomorrow, and remind me there's no such thing as a reasonably priced BM ;-)

Thank you for all the help, guys! Next time I get a REAL one, I'll proudly post here.

...And... I guess this is a useful message after all... it's good to know there are counterfeit BM's flooding the market around the globe... :p

Thank you all again

It's ok, I guess... I'll return that tomorrow, and remind me there's no such thing as a reasonably priced BM ;-)

If you wanna pay cheap you're gonna get cheap. I find BM's red class to be very reasonable priced value knives tho.

Yeah the placement of the logo, the clips only held on by two screws, no model number, it's definitely fake. What did you pay and did the seller claim it was real? I'd return it.

I returned it, got my money back, no questions asked. Luckily I wasn't THAT naive to buy from an online auction or whatever, so I had a real local store to complain.

I also sent all the info to benchmade, and asked them if they could put a warning on their web site about fake knives. I just hope people can google this thread easily with "fake benchmade", cause I couldn't find any other fake benchmade pics online... at least this would be good info for others not to fall on the same trap.

Looks like a cross between an Ambush and a 556, definitely a fake - glad you're getting a refund on this one! So many copies, so little time to keep track of them, so thanks for including the pics!

knifeworks and newgraham, are my go to knife shops. I prefer knifeworks though, just make sure you ask for USPS if possible, UPS well they make it not so fun to order a knife.

Back