Can you remove the “Serrated thumb push” from the blade?

I Denmark it is illegal to have a folder that can be opened with one hand :barf: :barf: :barf:
For that reason I wondered – Can the “serrated thumb push” be removed (and put back on):D ????

If possible, I can easily import it without breaking the low :)

I just recently had a conversation with Chris about removing the studs for coating the blade with boron carbide. He said it could be done but the risk of perhaps breaking the blade was there. I guess it is very tricky how the thumb studs are put on. I have a couple of sebbie's with double thumb studs, and Mr. Reeve explained to me that in order for those to be taken off; they would have to be milled off. Again, the possiblility of breaking or damaging the blade there.

I would call the factory direct and ask if you might be able to order a new blade without the stud or maybe send yours in for a swap! You never know. They are pretty good about special requests as long as it's not too far out. Good luck.

RW:)

You could find a shop in say Norway, Germany, Poland or any other European country, that sells one handed folders. But you will have to pay a lot more, for a knife that is imported to Europe by someone else. You could also get a mailbox in another European country, and import US knives to that adress.

Just remember that it will probably be illegal for you, to bring parts of your collection back to Denmark. So, why not just get a foreign bank deposit box for your collection? I would strongly recommend that you don`t break any laws, although it would probably be childs play to smuggle something across the Danish border. Especially if you travel by car, train or ferry.

You could also take advantage of the European single market (EU), and find work in another European country, with more favourable laws.

Nils

Just have CR make you one w/o the stud, no big deal. May even be a little cheaper.

Originally posted by NILS
You could find a shop in say Norway, Germany, Poland or any other European country, that sells one handed folders.

Forget about ANYTHING higher than Spyderco Military in any shop in Poland... They call Spyderco and Gerber "High-End knives, best you can get" so go figure! Usually they don't even know about such pieces as Sebenza or Project I :(

BTW, I like my large Sebbie more and more every day... what a great user!

Piter, well there`s only one shop that has some plain Sebenzas and some 1- pieces, in Oslo. They also have Emersons, Microtechs, Spydies, SOG etc. etc. They even stock one or two Busses also.
But I think you would find their prices a bit stiff, compared to US internet prices.

Nils

You also might want to consider getting a Mnandi. They come standard with a thumb nick.

The thumb lug can be driven out with a punch. But cannot easily be reinstalled. I believe they are high pressured pressed into their respective holes. Keep in mind, warranty violation. If done wrong and damage results then it will cost $ for its repair.

The Sebenza can be wrist flicked open with only moderate leverage. One handed opener. :(

Nakano

Drill it out on a press. Thread the hole and make your own stud out of a stainless machine screw. Then you can take it in and out at your discretion.
:D

Back