Can you show me some of your engraved CRK's?

Hi friends.
I'm considering sending my 1 piece Skinner back to CRK to have a name engraved on the blade.
Can anyone here show me some examples of CRK's engraving? I'd like to get an idea of what it looks like, etc.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Thanks! Looks like maybe they use a laser engraver?
I'm hoping that the engraving goes deep enough that if I end u getting the knife re-finished the engraving doesn't disappear.

Thanks! Looks like maybe they use a laser engraver?
I'm hoping that the engraving goes deep enough that if I end u getting the knife re-finished the engraving doesn't disappear.

It's engraved on a CNC mill. ( titanium slabs in the pics ) Typically only a few thousandths deep.. Maybe .005-.007. You should be able to refinish if you like..But I see that you want to engrave a fixed blade? No can do...At least not without annealing the steal...I'm fairly certain CRK will not do this, but you should call them directly to ask..Your only choice may indeed be laser engraving or acid etching.

CRK will do it, I already asked. But I may be better off getting it laser engraved which will etch through the finish and then I can give the knife a soak in some ferric chloride to deepen the engraving.

Interesting...Learn something new everyday. Wonder what tool they are going to use to engrave that hard blade? I could use a few of them on the mill that I run.

Back