Carolina Bladesmiths

Bobby Branton

This show will be the same weekend as the Southeastern Wildlife Expo.
There will be approx 40,000 people in town for the wildlife expo

http://sewe.com/
This will be an oppourtunity to purchase a hand forged knife by me. Most of the forged knives that I have made lately have gone to sportsman and collectors here in town. I will be forging a little more this year as time permits and will offer them for sale here on this forum.
Bobby

An evening with the Carolina Bladesmith’s
Bobby Branton and Jason Knight
February 17, 2007 - 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
At
4976 See Wee Rd, Awendaw, SC 29429​
Come and spend the evening with the Carolina Bladesmiths, Bobby Branton and Jason Knight. Come and enjoy a Lowcountry BBQ dinner and ice tea at the knife shop of Bobby Branton in Awendaw, South Carolina. The days festivities will kick off at Luden’s Outfitters at 78 Alexander St. Charleston, SC and will conclude at Bobby’s shop in Awendaw, SC.

Mini knife show featuring knives for sale by Bobby and Jason
Knife throwing demonstration
Knife cutting demo
Forging demo
Sharpening demo
Shop tour
Bobby Branton

Bobby Branton is a Journeyman Bladesmith with the American Bladesmith Society. In 1996 Bobby was the receipent of the South Carolina State Folk Heritage Award. Bobby is also a professional knife thrower who has consulted with television shows on the subject of knife throwing. Bobby recently returned from Hollywood, CA and Mexico City where he trained Actress, Salma Hayek for an upcoming film. Bobby has been featured in numerous trade magazines and has made multiple appearances on local television. Bobby’s knives have been sought after by collector’s, sportsman and military personal world wide.
Jason Knight

Jason Knight is an award winning Bladesmith and has been featured in numerous trade publications. In February 2001, Jason was encouraged by his grandmother and my wife to attented the Bill Moran School of Bladesmithing. There, he learned the basics of forging and heat treating. Since then, he has studied the art of bladesmithing as a full time occupation. Jason received his Journeyman Smith rating through the American Bladesmith Society in June 2003. Jason’s knives have been sought after by collector’s, sportsman and military personal world wide.
Sponsored by Branton Knives, Jason Knight knives, Blade Art.com and Luden’s Outfitters
For more information contact
Bobby Branton
4976 See Wee Rd, Awendaw, SC 29429
843-991-0891

There will also be a ICCT ( The International Cutting Competition Trail Inc.) cut at Luden’s Outfitters at 78 Alexander St. Charleston, SC at 12:00 pm on Saturday February 17, 2007.
I'll post more info on that next week.

Check out http://www.cutter.addr.com/

That's terrific, Bobby. I haven't been in years but I bought my very first custom there in 1988. It's a small fighter from a
fellow named Sam Cox and I stil have it.

That show grew immense and Charleston is a great town.

Win

Huh... maybe when I'm like 18 I'll go down to this if it's still around (I hope so).

I live in NC.

The Evening with the Carolina Bladesmiths was a huge success. Unfortunately, My 4 forged knives only made it to the heat treat stage, but we enjoyed some nice sales and both of us took a lot of orders.
Anthony Lombardo who was going to attend and cover the event for one of the magazines was not able to make it due to an illness in the family.
After our demo's at Ludens Outfitter's during the day the excitement spilled over to my shop and it was nothing short of fantastic. It was dark when everyone showed up and we were scattered among three different buildings, so we did get any pics. We did however have cold weather, a raging fire, good BBQ and plenty of knife lovers. Their were plent of prizes such as Shirts, mugs and caps given away to atendees. I'll add more when I get wake up. This will definitely be an annual event. A special thanks to Blade Art for their support as one of our sponsors.
BB

Back