1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Case Damascus & Stag Swayback Jack

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Peregrin, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator

Sep 2, 2004
    I came home today to find my new Swayback waiting for me. I just have to say Case is really on the ball with these. Thank you Tony Bose for the influence you have had on Case's offerings. Just dynamite.

Nice walk and talk, super fit and finish, nice stag and I just love the Raindrop Damascus. Unlike the CV and SS Swayback the drawn swedges on both blades are really well defined. Needless to say I'm grinnin' from ear to ear. :D

This one begs to be carried. I'll post some pics when I get a minute away from the rat race.

2. SteelSnob

SteelSnob

Sep 7, 2009
    Nice and I appreciate Mr.Bose's influence on Case as well. Can't wait for those pics! Thanks for sharing.

3. Ed Gordon

Ed Gordon

Feb 19, 2000
    I really like mine....

[​IMG]

Very nice knives. The damascus is really nice looking with the stag.

4. Ken44

Ken44 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2005
    I've got the CV, but man there newer Damascus with stag looks really great.

I read it a while back somewhere, but forgot. Who makes there new Damascus?
    Or do they make it in house, if so what type of steels?

Looks like Mike Norris raindrop???

5. 338375

Nov 4, 2006
    Thats a nice lookin pair.... The Stag and Dam is very classy

6. cj65

cj65 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2008
    This is a fitting thread. My swayback gent fell right out of an old pair of shorts, that I have not worn since mid April. I thought it was gone for good. I think the damascus looks awesome on that pattern. It is subtle, not too showy.

7. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    i prefer the damascus with a jigged bone but either way they are very attractive folders!

8. comoha

comoha

Jan 12, 2006
    Those are sharp looking little knives. Been seriously thinking of getting one.
    Thanks for sharing.

9. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator

Sep 2, 2004
    Here's my Case swaybacks. The stag/damascus being the one I just got. Great little knives!

[​IMG]

10. protourist

protourist Laughing My Ossoff Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    You guys are killing me. This is a style I've been drooling over. I was looking at one at Bass Pro Shops the other day and if they'd had one in CV I would be carrying it.

11. .41Dude

.41Dude

Apr 11, 2004
    Love the Damascus :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now I want one :D

This swayback is mine. The only non GEC I have.

I borrowed the pic from the sellers site. It is of the actual knife I own.

[​IMG]

12. texasflyfisher

texasflyfisher

Aug 17, 2007
    Sweet looking swaybacks! :thumbup: