CBSA (Canadian border services agency) cracking down on folders entering Canada

I watched Kevin’s video when it posted. He made it sound like it was limited to a postal thing.
I’m making a land crossing in to Canada in the coming weeks.
I wonder if they’re going to ask about it?
I’ve been questioned about switch blades before, but that’s all, knife-wise.
I hope I don’t have to surrender my Delica.

false.

All of it just false. God damn.

There is a metric that’s used but folders are not stopped. Holy hell the misinformation is wild out there surrounding the CBSA.

All of my rocksteads got across, crk’s, and many many others.

false.

There is a metric that’s used but folders are not stopped. Holy hell the misinformation is wild out there surrounding the CBSA.

All of my rocksteads got across, crk’s, and many many others.
So you are claiming Kevin lied about what CBSA told him? And your point about "getting" rocksteads across: it would depend on when, because this is supposedly a new change. Because many people shipped knives across without a problem in the past. If you want to prove your point, mail one across NOW and film the packaging, date etc. So we can tell the ground truth.

So you are claiming Kevin lied about what CBSA told him? And your point about "getting" rocksteads across: it would depend on when, because this is supposedly a new change. Because many people shipped knives across without a problem in the past. If you want to prove your point, mail one across NOW and film the packaging, date etc. So we can tell the ground truth.
Mannn…

The rules haven’t changed since 2016.

The whole centrifugal knifes thing hasn’t changed. But you don’t llive up here and not ship up here, I do - All the damn time.

What’s in the video is an isolated incident.

CBSA at any point and time retains the ability to confiscate a package the exact same with CBP in the USA. I have a handful of friends that work within CBSA and many first hand experiences.

But hey what do I know… supposedly nothing, I guess.

false.

Easy there, Matt....

As a LEO who works closely with the CBSA, I can assure you that it is not false.

Gravity knives, or knives that can be opened by flicking or with one hand, are now prohibited from being imported into Canada. While it is not illegal to own them in Canada, trying to import them or cross the border from the US into Canada with a "gravity knife" may lead to confiscation, weapons charges, and future denial of entry into Canada.

It ain't right and doesn't make much sense, but the law is the law. Of course you can bring any fixed blade you want into Canada. Hell, you can have a Claymore sword strapped to your back when entering Canada and there isn't anything illegal about that.

Fair statement, Shane.

The law being up for interpretation without many CBSA on the same page as interpretation is one of the biggest issues when facing anything coming across.

Edit: inshort do I agree with the legislation surrounding this? F*K no. Zero clear definition nor test methodology involved.

The law being up for interpretation without many CBSA on the same page as interpretation is one of the biggest issues when facing anything coming across.

Absolutely no disagreement there.

That's the problem of not having a constitution to protect and clarify our laws in Canada. NOTHING is protected because everything we have in Canada is a "privilege", and we all know that privileges can easily be revoked....

The Court of Interpretation makes far more rulings up here, than a Court of Law.

"I will say they were very, very helpful..."

Helpful a-holes are, at the end of the day, still a-holes.

Ad blurb: "Come visit Canada. The friendly face of fascism."

Edit: Or, given that Fidel's son is at the helm, "....the comely countenance of communism."

Last edited:
Not surprising with Trudeau at the helm. He is scum and basically working for the CCP. His administration froze bank accounts of the truckers during the protests which is mostly unheard of even in dictator rule. Hope it gets better for you Canadians.
Hopefully we'll get a conservative government next turn around.
But I'm not optimistic for the futur in general, my fellow Canadians as a group act more and more like infants rather than fully grown responsible adults, they expect the state to take care of every little details in their lives; that is an highway that leads diectly to a totalitarian regime, at full speed.
But hey, we've had a good run.

IF folding knives are now banned from being imported into Canada (physically or by mail), does that mean that such folders
are not available for sale within Canada?
I see it mentioned above that posession is not illegal.

What about Arathol's suggestion: Tighten the pivot so the knife can't be flipped? I've done that for fellow forum members, but not recently.

IF folding knives are now banned from being imported into Canada (physically or by mail), does that mean that such folders
are not available for sale within Canada?
I see it mentioned above that posession is not illegal.

Quite a grey area, Ken.

Yes, the Canadian brick and mortar stores still have old new stock which may be purchased, and possession is not illegal in Canada.

And if those same brick and mortar stores can convince manufacturers to tighten up any pivots substantially before shipping future orders to Canada, that lessens the chance of seizure. Remember, it is the ACTION of the knife - not the knife itself - that is subject to interpretation and enforcement.

So what would happen if I take my Sebenza on a camping trip to the USA. Upon my return they can seize it?

Back