Chainpuri and Baby Chitlangi - Photo Review

I received these in yesterday. I got them in the same shipment as the replacement Munk Bowie (review coming). The Chainpuri was from DOTD 11/01. The Baby Chitlangi was a gift from Yangdu (thanks Yangdu).

The chainpuri is incredibly light. It's a 15" kukri but it weighs 13oz. The handle is horn, it is very slender and has a very large white area. The decoration on the handle is very well done with clean lines. Due to it's weight I won't be using it for wood, rather it will be a tatami cutter.

The baby chitlangi is 9 1/2" long and weights 6.5 oz. It not a chopper for sure, but it does fairly well in the kitchen. So far it has taken apart quite a few apples and some steak. Handy little blade.

DSCF0069b.jpg

DSCF0070b.jpg

DSCF0077b.jpg

DSCF0072b.jpg

DSCF0078b.jpg

DSCF0079b.jpg

I got a baby Chitlangi just a week ago also. It's a well executed, strong little knife, and the karda was actually sharp!

After a little touching up of the edge, it now does duty as my car knife, riding in the door pocket.

Andy

What does the UB and the other symbols on that side means?

I ask here because they are so clear on the pics.

What does the UB and the other symbols on that side means?

I ask here because they are so clear on the pics.

i know UB stands for Uncle Bill...
then you have the kami marks... i think im missing one :confused:
i forgot what it meant and dont want to stick a foot in my mouth...
im sure somebody will chime in... in a few seconds :)

Of what I understood of the revent thread about the other side of the blade, there are the maker's initial, his symbol and HI's symbol. But the initials are different from the symbols on the other side.

Back