Chance to grab a Lrg Seb. w/ Leather Inlay, is there a reason these were discontinued

I am in the market for a large sebenza. I was hoping for a wood inlay but they are quite hard to find. I found a new classic large sebenza with brown leather inlay and was wondering why these were discontinued? Do they not wear well over time? Should I be willing to pay retail for it? ($450-$460) or wait to find a wood inlay (or micarta) of my choice?

Chris likes to change things and doesn't keep the same versions of a knife going on forever. Leather does wear over time as is well known, so a leather inlay, I could see the grain look wearing on it over time and that's a possibility you don't see them often.
Leather Inlays is still an option on the CRK website, so they still do make them.

"" Leather or Micarta Inlay Large Large 21 Small Small 21
S30V n/a $455.00 n/a $400.00
Damascus Starting at:
Raindrop or Ladder Stainless n/a $610.00 n/a $555.00
Spirograph Stainless n/a $635.00 n/a $580.00""

Wood Inlay Sebenzas are EVERYWHERE and are not hard to find at all..............maybe finding ONE with the grain you like is, but they are readily available on here and from dealers..........I just don't like the 21 blade shape, otherwise I would easily have a dozen or so.....lol. Now Regular Annual sebenzas that are wood inlaid, you don't see them often !

My local knife store has some leather ones in stock, I have held them and thought they felt sticky and don't think they would wear well. But I've never seen a used one. I love the wood inlays, they are hard to find at the moment but I would hold out. Knifeart had a nice large cocobola in stock last time I looked.

Back