Chris Reeve Knives History Timeline To Date & Blade Steel Timeline

Just finished reading this thread for the umpteenth time, and I just have to say THANK YOU to all of you folks who spent so much time and effort putting it together and keeping it going. Bravo! šŸ†

I finally have something to contribute to the timeline! CRK began producing the Ubejane Skinner in 1989. I have #10 from September 19, 1989. Also, the handle on this is about a half inch longer than later ones.

Attachments

• 20230115_134541.jpg
    20230115_134541.jpg
    690.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the forum, I'm French and a fan of American cutlery.
I've had this model for about twenty years, and I'm having a bit of trouble defining it and its year of production.
(I misplaced the box and the papers...)
On the dimensions it's a jereboam (almost 9 inches of blade, 8 3/4), the shape presumes an MK I, the handle cap rather an MK II.
It has the number 70. Made in USA.
And it's very difficult to read the case's provenance.
I've looked everywhere, but I can't find the same model.

If I find the papers, I'll let you know!
I love this knife.

Thank you for the fascinating content you make available. šŸ‘‘

Y4n93bA.jpg

yd1FC0v.jpg

LZ1RXzH.jpg

3JBlrJF.jpg

7emBGLW.jpg

Hello,
Its a Jereboam (MKI) since close to 9ā€ and sawback, Iā€˜d say made early 90ā€™s since its #70, after Chris moved operations from South Africa, to the U.S.
South African Jeroboamā€™s had a Hex Cap, US made ones has the style you have.
The sheath maker is El Paso Saddlery, from El Paso Texas.
like the beginning of article states Jereboam (MKI) made from 1985-1994.
Hope this helps.
Sweet Piece

Hello,
Its a Jereboam (MKI) since close to 9ā€ and sawback, Iā€˜d say made early 90ā€™s since its #70, after Chris moved operations from South Africa, to the U.S.
South African Jeroboamā€™s had a Hex Cap, US made ones has the style you have.
The sheath maker is El Paso Saddlery, from El Paso Texas.
like the beginning of article states Jereboam (MKI) made from 1985-1994.
Hope this helps.
Sweet Piece
Hello,

Thank you for your very quick reply and all these details. For the case, I had a lot of trouble defining the origin.
It's great, now I have more history about it.
Have a nice day, and best wishes for the new year.

Hello,

Thank you for your very quick reply and all these details. For the case, I had a lot of trouble defining the origin.
It's great, now I have more history about it.
Have a nice day, and best wishes for the new year.
Your welcome, šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ˜Ž

wait..

Did they changed the small washer back to the old style?

I was wondering the same thingā€¦
I haven't been collecting CRK's as long as you guys, so, I don't know.šŸ™„

My small Insingo Sebenza 31 in MagnaCut has the same washers as the small DP 31 (in my original post) does.

1000002903-01.jpeg

They are certainly different from the small washers on my large Sebenza 31's. šŸ»

I finally have something to contribute to the timeline! CRK began producing the Ubejane Skinner in 1989. I have #10 from September 19, 1989. Also, the handle on this is about a half inch longer than later ones.

I have #87, made in May, 1990 and the knurled handle area is 2.5ā€ long, how long is your knurled area?

IMG_3522.jpegIMG_3523.jpeg

Back