Coffee

:D

Well, I don't need it tomorrow anyway. I just roasted a little over 1/2 lb of the Tanzanian Peaberry.

Costa Rican Royal Tarrazu for me! During the hot months of summer, in the afternoon if I need a caffeine fix I go for a Caribou cold press iced coffee.

I use a carafe with a screw on lid and then filter it, I want to get a larger vessel to make bigger batches though because for some reason when it's cold I'll just drink it all :D

All this talk of cold brew! Don't think I posted this pic from a little while back.

In other news, my beans arrived today along with a new scoop. I wanted one with a longer handle to get those pesky beans at the bottom of coffee bags.

I think mine is probably about a 1:4 ratio with the way it's set up. There aren't really any measurements on it, though. I use the coarsest setting on my grinder and let it steep in the fridge for around 24 hours.

I use 2.5x as much beans to the same amount of water as I do hot and fridge for 2-3 days, 1 tastes kind of weak to me but maybe it's the amount of beans I'm using or maybe I just like it really rich it gets almost chocolaty at around day 3, 2 it's usually ready 3 days makes it extra saturated but slower to filter, but I've found a solution for that I just get a few filters, put on some powder free latex gloves or the like and gently squeeze it through the filter, it goes much much faster. I was thinking one of those big 2-3 Gal. jugs with a spigot would be a good vessel, since the bean sludge would sit below the nozzle you'd really only have to run a small portion through a filter, and you could use a big spoon or something to stir periodically since you couldn't really shake it.

Goshen is the best!! Ti and 204p Military!!
IMAG1955_zpshxtyvssq.jpg

I was drinking a cup of coffee today and thinking about how much I've enjoyed our coffee swaps, so Mono & I talked and agreed it's time for another.

We're calling it Christmas in July :cool:
same guidelines as our last swap in the Springtime apply:

1-2lbs of coffee
1 blade
1 random thing of your choosing (optional)

Yeah, buddy!! Post "I'm in!" if you want in! Let's get more people than last time, so tell your friends!!!

Christmas in July exchange list.....
Gotsteel
Monofletch
DcMartin
Polynikes01
Ryan Thompson
Dannyp

Last edited:
Back