Colt traditional knives(slipjoints)

They were/are very good. I don't know the details but SMKW lost the rights to the name, so they are no longer in production.
I have more Rough Riders than COLT, but the Colts I have are excellent. My carbon steel blade Colt canoe holds an edge longer than my Case CV Canoe, and is just as easy to sharpen.
Quality wise the fit and finish is as good or better than the CASE and BUCK slipjoints I have.

I am asking about newer Colt knives that are probably made in China ,they look good and have good prices,

The Colts that are still around being sold were made at the same or similar factories as the Rough Riders. They are made in China same as RR, and are well made production knives. 440 steel, arrive pretty sharp and have a good hardness, based on my use.

I have a couple of Colts that I bought when I read that the brand was going elsewhere. I could only afford a couple at the time, so I got a Wharncliffe and a hook bill, both in bone stag (or is it stag bone?) Now I wish I had paid more attention to the brand when it was in wider circulation, as they are very nice knives.

I found some Colts on amazon,but delivery time is 2-5 months,Im not sure whats up with that ,are they still made?

The Colt line was discontined around the first of the year.
With a delivery time that far out, personally, I would not take the chance with that seller or knife. You may never see the knife, or get a refund.

The only colt I have is a case made muskrat with colt stamp on one blade and case stamps on the other. Carry it from time to time and the f&f is fairly good on it. No blade wobble and beautiful blue bone scales

Back