1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Compass Manufacture Report

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by MarkJ, Apr 5, 2012.

1. MarkJ

MarkJ

Jul 14, 2003
    Brunton now has a new compass series called O.S.S., all of which retain the circle-on-circle magnetized disk feature of the old Eclipse line. It is important to note that ALL Brunton compasses with the O.S.S. designation will be assembled in Wyoming from components sourced from only USA manufacturers.

HTH

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  2. Harayasu

Harayasu

Jun 18, 2009
    Thanks for the info. I own a Recta DS50 for several years now, didn't know that Suunto owns Recta.

3. PropThePolecat

PropThePolecat

Jan 31, 2009
    Thanks for the informative post.

Too bad the Swedish Silvas aren't sold in the US. They really are great compasses.

4. thatotherguy

thatotherguy

Oct 9, 2011
    I have not had goodluck with Silva or Brunton. Never had a Suunto or Recta compass, but I am happy with my Cammenga. I'm not gonna mess with something that I got right for myself.

5. bigcountry1315

bigcountry1315

Aug 3, 2009
    I have some older Silva compasses that were made in Sweden.I now only buy Suunto and Cammenga products. Thanks for the information. These companies buy U.S. business and then send it all off to China. Good example of this is Marble Arms.Made here in Gladstone,Mi for 100 years and WR Case bought them out and sent everything to China.Marbles were some of the best knives you could own.Now they are straight up junk!