Condor tomahawk???

I just saw an ad for a tomahawk produced by a company called Condor. Says that they began in Solingen Germany and exceed military specs. Anybody have ant experience with these? The price is only $30 so I am a little skeptical as to the quality.

I would assume "military specs" means it will not break in two when you step on it and can be sharpen to crack (not cut open) a skull. Don't think there's any mention of chopping trees or branches in the specs :p

singteck

30 bucks will get you 30 bucks worth which may or may not be a deal. Knifecenter Store carries them and the arfe made in El Salvador.

If it works, you got a good 30 bucks worth. If not, well, you're only out 30 bones. Mil-spec to me can be very mis-leading as it also means made by the lowest bidder.

They make and interesting blade called the hog sticker. Reminds me of a Philippine pinute.

Did reconseed get a VTAC yet?

jack, i have NOT gotten a VTAC yet. I had to postpone my purchase for xmas gifts for my family.. I will get one after the holidays. But until then, I can pray santa clause brings me one, or my new girlfriend. i believe in them both, but santa more when it comes to the VTAC

I just saw an ad for a tomahawk produced by a company called Condor. Says that they began in Solingen Germany and exceed military specs. Anybody have ant experience with these? The price is only $30 so I am a little skeptical as to the quality.

What actual ties are the to Germany, and is it relevant where they started? Their product are made in Central America, but is that relevant?

The mil-spec talk is, as it usually is, just hype.

You will not get the best there is for that price, but 30 dollars is not a lot to lose for the amount of steel. It's not rocket science to ht plain carbon steel, and at the relatively low hardness it should be forgiving to use. I see no reason why it couldn't be a fun and useable hawk if the aren't major qc problems.

reconseed, here's a link:
Condor Tool and Knife site

I just picked one up at a knife show in Eugene, Or, for 26 dollars. It seems nicely made, sharp , well balanced- certainly worth the money. Nothing bad to say about it. Will try it on kindling this weekend, and if it doesnt bend will be satisfied.

They look like $30 worth of quality and that's not a bad thing. I handled one and agree with Moe22 about the balance and quality. Another interesting piece along the same quality lines is the SOG Fusion Tactical Tomahawk. It has a reinforced wood handle and the checkering on the side of the head for hammering really does help keep it from sliding off the nail head or whatever you're hitting. And you can get it for around $40.

From only looking at the SOG Fusion line, they look like something made to wave at the tv from your armchair while watching 80s action movies. To me, most of them don't seem like tools for use.

The Fusion hawk is actually nice despite it's bizarre look. I wished they would've made those cut-outs gas line shutoff tools or something usable though but for $30-$40 range it ain't bad for a "tactical" although I would'nt classify most of them "tactical".

After looking at the ones on the site, i am going with North on this one... the 'tactical' tag seems a little much here....

Back