Condor Wilderness Tool...

I have been shopping around for gardening implements. They guy who owned my house previous to me let everything get out of control and it is time for me to attack it.

While searching for some type of sickle I ran across this:
The Condor Wilderness Tool.
http://www.condortk.com/productsdetail.php?prodid=24

I think it is more of a machete than an Ax being made of 1/8" thick steel. I thought it would be a welcome addition to anyones "Mall Ninja/tacti-cool" collection.

Anyone have one of these? I have been unable to find a review on one.
It would be intersting to make one out of 1/4" steel and see how it did.
(Makes me wonder how much my neighbors would like me to have a forge.)

If you get one, please write a review - OK? I'd also like to know how it performs.

I do have the Condor Bush Knife. I like it a lot. Came shaving sharp. The hook works lovely on getting those pesky fibrous vines and thorns cut close to the ground without grinding an edge into the dirt. The flat edge is a great cleaver for food prep on a chopping block and wide enough to scoop said food up. The straight edge also chops fairly well. The edge did warp a bit on a dried out hardwood sapling (hit a knot), but it came out with some burnishing. Definitely a tool for wet wood. The cold steel trail hawk chops better on thick wood of course, but this baby would be awesome on a 2-3 foot Vec pole to compliment a hawk. I always thought the big brushooks were too heavy, not enough speed, to get through some of the lighter vines. Yeah, this tool is really asking for Vectorization, otherwise it is kinda short for a stay at home or in the car for long periods of work tool, but is just right to stuff in a backpack for clearing a tent site.

Heck, put a six foot pole on that Condor Bush Knife and you could take out King Arthur.....

I've used one of these before. I thought it was a bit too short & handle heavy to be an effective chopper. It had a hard time cutting through any wood more than 5" thick. As a brush thinner, it worked pretty well. Again, a little too short to be really effective. The shovel feature works ok. It sure beats dinging up the tip of your knife when you try to dig with it. The sheath is a bit awkward. The handle swing up pretty high into your ribs when carrying it on a belt. As far as edge retention goes, it behaves as you would expect for a 420 blade.
In short, in theory the wilderness tool was a good idea. It has a lot of potential. But in reality, it falls a little short of practical. Personally I'm more of a fan of the Condor barong.
If the wilderness tool were a few inches longer & came with a drop leg sheath, it would be great.

Say Heah Guy's
I enjoy bushcraft, and I like new product's and I got the Condor Wilderness Tool, although it dosn't replace my Ol'Faithful's in the wood's, it is pretty handy when you are setting up camp where you need more then one tool at a time, it is pretty good clearing a camp area even helpful building a bed or elevating a sit on so your heat isn't drained from the ground, for wood carving my camp knife rules, and for heavy chopping my G.B axe is the tool, but after you settle in the Wilderness Tool is a handy tool, you can lite baton with it and especially when your starting a spoon or a bowl its neat for ruffing them out it does save time or you would be switching bunches of tools and I even used it to make feather sticks. it is lite enough to have one in your backpack or on you when camp is set up it's really not bad tool to have around camp.
Paul'ie

Say Heah Guy's
I enjoy bushcraft, and I like new product's and I got the Condor Wilderness Tool, although it dosn't replace my Ol'Faithful's in the wood's, it is pretty handy when you are setting up camp where you need more then one tool at a time, it is pretty good clearing a camp area even helpful building a bed or elevating a sit on so your heat isn't drained from the ground, for wood carving my camp knife rules, and for heavy chopping my G.B axe is the tool, but after you settle in the Wilderness Tool is a handy tool, you can lite baton with it and especially when your starting a spoon or a bowl its neat for ruffing them out it does save time or you would be switching bunches of tools and I even used it to make feather sticks. it is lite enough to have one in your backpack or on you when camp is set up it's really not bad tool to have around camp.
Paul'ie

Say Heah Guy's
Paul'ie

Say Heah Guy's
Paul'ie

Back