Crappy pics of marginal knives

Well, this is the best I can do and it's time to move on.

View

Tanto, 11" overall, two-tone finish (not very apparent), maroon linen Micarta scales, Barry Posner mosaic pins, tapered tang, paper Micarta bolsters. Stand is the same black paper Micarta.

View

This shows two-tone finish marginally better.

View

Remember me saying a couple months ago I had to "redesign" a blade mid-grind? This was was supposed to have a grind like that above...
smile.gif
10.75" overall, black paper Micarta scales, tapered tang, a touch of filework, copper bolsters and pins.

There are a couple of others but those photos are even worse. But hey -- I'm pretty handy with a spreadsheet!
biggrin.gif

Dave

Man I can still remember seeing and holding those Dave. You are like alot of us and too harsh on yourself but then again that is what keeps us striving to be better. Are you coming down next weekend? You know I am gonna bug you.
biggrin.gif

Cory

------------------
"I am a shootist."
Clay Allison
"Does this mean we are bladists?"
McAlpin Blades
http://www.geocities.com/mcalpinblades

Man are those sharp!

I LOVE that top one. Simple elegance, nice clean lines and great execution!

And people say I'm hard on myself. Sheesh, I was expecting to see some half-rate knives. But they were nowhere to be found, just some great work!

I would be proud!
biggrin.gif

Nick

Thanks for the kind words, gents. That helps the day get started on a happy note. Believe it or not, I sold the copper one for $90 - and I think I could've gotten more! Go figure, I like the other one too. I've shown it to three potential buyers, each picked a different nit, so you know the pics don't show all the gory details.
smile.gif
Maybe it's time to reduce my price, but I'm sort of holding out for $3 per hour.

Cory, I'll see you next weekend - how's Saturday, we'll break in your new forge!

Dave

[This message has been edited by ddavelarsen (edited 04-27-2001).]

Dave, you have no room to complain. Quit your bitchin' and make some more knives! I would've been more than happy to pay 90 clams for that top knife with the beautiful stand. Great work, man, just spare the "I'm no good" routine!
smile.gif
If you really want marginal pics of marginal knives, visit my website someday...
smile.gif

------------------
Dr. Steve Agocs
http://www.geocities.com/Chiro75/frames.html

agocs_s@hotmail.com

Great work. I'm not fond of geo-tanto blades, but the workmanship seems excellent, from what I can see.

I never thought of using micarta for a knife display stand. Makes perfect sense, now. The pins in the middle of the crossbar there really show a great attention to detail in making the stand not just be an accessory, but be part of the whole 'package'.

--JB

------------------
e_utopia@hotmail.com

Thanks for all your generous comments! Chiro, I've been to your site a bunch of times, your tutorial on making mosaic pins is inspirational, though not so much as to get me off my dead & dyin just yet...
biggrin.gif
But I'm starting to accumulate some stuff to give it a try.

JB, I know what you mean about this blade style. I chose it because I hadn't made any knives for about 8 years and wanted something kind of simple and straightforward to get started with. But as noted above, that didn't necessarily work out! So it goes.

Now it's on to the new stuff!

Dave

Dave thaos are "BEAUTIFUL" Way to go.I wouldn't take anything less than your asking price for either one of them....
Bruce

------------------
Bruce Evans Handcrafted Knives
The soul of the Knife begins in the Fire!!!!!
Member of,AKTI#A000223 and The American Bladesmith Society
asmallpicofbruceforforums.jpg

Back