1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Current Arizona Knife Laws

Discussion in 'Knife Laws' started by Steel_Addiction, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Steel_Addiction

Steel_Addiction Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2011
    I will be traveling down to Arizona for a few weeks from ND for a winter vacation and I was just wondering if there are any laws prohibiting pocket carry/belt of a knife or if there is a legal blade length limit.

I tried to read some of the jargon off of knife law sites but couldn't quite pull anything good out of it, one piece I thought said 3" or shorter, but I'm not quite sure.

Anyone from the Gilbert/Mesa/Pheonix area know what's legal and what's not.

I would like to carry either a Large Seb or a 3.5" XM on my belt in a sheath but I have a Mnandi just in case.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I will be driving so I don't have to worry about getting it there from a flight.

2. glistam

glistam

Dec 27, 2004
    Arizona laws actually have changed in the past 2-3 years. And the change was good. If you are 21 and over all knives are legal period. No limits, no restrictions on type, anything can be concealed. You can even carry a gun or a full sized katana and it's all nice and legal. Furthermore, the new laws overrides ("preempts") all local laws.

Only regulation is that, if a cop asks you if you have any weapons, you have to declare you're carrying and what.

Official source, see for yourself:
    http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/03102.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

3. Steel_Addiction

Steel_Addiction Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Cool,

Thanks for the info!