D2 drop point Hunter/Skinner, Nathan's early work.

So it appears I may get to try some CPK D2 after all......

Y7dxIr0.jpg

Wooooooooo Brother congrats.

I've got mixed emotions about that. As bad as I've wanted one, I didn't want it to come at his expense.

You are going to come out with a special knife. Last I spoke to Nathan he didn't have the original belts and some other fixtures or tooling to do the skinners as the were done before so I bet you get something that is super cool. It's gonna be a keeper for sure.

You found the hidden creek?

Loader tracks in the yard, check......the heart of angel in a jar, check.....Younguns reciting pi to the bazillionth place, yep this is the place. Hardest part was getting past the dog. Luckily, being a dober-dachshund (how does that even happen?), by the time she decided whether she felt dachshund-cute or dobermann-vicious, I was outta there ;)

Somehow, some way, by hook or crook.............gotta focus on acquiring one of those skinners still left in the wild. Ever since I knew of it's existence, I've felt it to be a really nice piece of work. Gotta.......get........one.

Last edited:
Still seen' plenty of use, it's become one of my favorite Back Pocket Fixed Blades. Kinda like a medium FB EDC blade, I just stick it in my back pocket and it makes for a great utility blade. The D2 takes and holds a great edge and touches up pretty easily with my diamond bench hone and strop. Scalpel sharp and hair scarin' edge that cuts forever. Thanks Nathan, this'll be an heirloom used and passed on down the family line for many generations I'm sure. :)

Here it is with an Osage Orange pen made by our own @Dopic1, the 2 pieces compliment each other very nicely. The Knife is from '09 and the pen from '16,

MbPvVwT.jpg

J it's so hard to get one of his current models.

CORRECTION: IMPOSSIBLE! Gosh, I wanted one of those 3V EDC's last Friday, but so did a whole other bunch of folks.
Still waiting for my first, but want a smaller one, like the EDC 3" he just sold ten of.
Great work. I have old...slowwww fingers...on the kb. Really want to carry it cross-draw belt
in the same way as my Bradford Guardian 3 in DLC M390.

Back