Dashain Holidays and Festivals Deals for 10/1

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
L to r

18 inch 34 ounce villager fit and finish Deradune by Tirtha. Horn handle. Field sharp rig at $140. *SOLD*

23 inch 22 ounce Uddha Sword by Lachhu. Horn handle. Litet and pointy Sword for your collection at $135. *SOLD*

20 inch 23 ounce Sirupati by Tirtha. Asare wood handle. Lite and fast Knife at $100 even. *SOLD*

15 inch 24 ounce Ang Khola Bowie by Bhakta. Satisal wood handle. Excellent investment at $145. *SOLD*

12 1/4 inch 7 ounce Tibetan chuppi Knife by Rajkumar without the Kami mark on blade. White metal and brass decorative handle. Nice addition to your collection at $85. *SOLD*

9 inch 10 ounce Kerambit by Lachhu. Horn handle. Cute one at $100 even. *SOLD*

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all

10-01-12001.jpg

Last edited:
Freakin excellent selection so far this week. Auntie you make my girlfriend weap!!! Been waiting for a Siru around that size, too bad I missed it. Love seeing all the Kerambits lately and the Uddha Sword is a nice suprise too! Wish I sould see that Tibetan knife a little better.

Email sent for Sirupati
Ta2warrior is a very smart buyer. Hope you get that one because it is the best deal in the group. At 20 inches and 23 ounces this Sirupate is very capable of some serious work. Good job!
Note: The handle looks unfinished. I recommend Tung Oil for a durable and long lasting finish.

Ta2warrior is a very smart buyer. Hope you get that one because it is the best deal in the group. At 20 inches and 23 ounces this Sirupate is very capable of some serious work. Good job!
Note: The handle looks unfinished. I recommend Tung Oil for a durable and long lasting finish.

Definetely a good deal for that blade, congrats ta2warrior

Agreed. Looks identical to my 20" Siru by Tirtha w/Neem handle.

It feels great in the hand and when swinging.

I'm curious about the Tibetan chuppi Knife. It looks like a tiny gladius. How durable are they compared to a bilton? Are both sides of the blade sharp?

Thanks folks, you are all far too kind.

To be perfectly honest, there are specific ones that I patiently wait for, and those are the ones I'll try to shark. This one exactly matched my specific criteria (of course the type of wood handle was open), and was on my list; I'm glad it showed up earlier on here than I expected it to.
I have already missed 3 that are on my list.. so I'm a little behind on my own personal acquisition standards. :)
Now... that just leaves.. 21 specific ones to get.. and then I'll have my "must haves".. haha.

Only 21 more.. yikes.

Thanks folks, you are all far too kind.

To be perfectly honest, there are specific ones that I patiently wait for, and those are the ones I'll try to shark. This one exactly matched my specific criteria (of course the type of wood handle was open), and was on my list; I'm glad it showed up earlier on here than I expected it to.
I have already missed 3 that are on my list.. so I'm a little behind on my own personal acquisition standards. :)
Now... that just leaves.. 21 specific ones to get.. and then I'll have my "must haves".. haha.

Only 21 more.. yikes.

I know the feeling! That is how it was when I got my Chitlangi. It was on my list, and the perfect Chitlangi showed up when I just happened to check. It's exactly what I wanted it to be, and definitely my most rewarding shark.

I don't know how many more are on my list, as I keep finding new models that I want...

Ta2warrior and Shinook,

Just curious....what kind of items are on your shopping lists? Do you prefer the classic models, newer models like the Manakamana, rare special rum items, or different variations of classic models (different wood or blade finish)? Or just whatever strikes your fancy? For me, I guess it's just whatever interests me at the time. I purchaed the Dui Chirra from DOTD (9/24); I really wasn't looking for one but the blade style and finish just caught my eye. Good luck luck w/ your hunts.

-Shag

Right now, I'd like an 18"-20" sirupati, a Gelbu Special, a hanshee, an ASTK, M43, and of course swords. I want a tarwar, katana, long sword....
There are other items that piqué my interest as well, but I don't really see myself using. (Not that I know how to use a sword or fighting knife anyways). Items like the kerambit look really cool, but I just don't know what to do with them. I guess that's how the HIKV works though. Each model is unique and has its own appeal, and each individual item is also unique from the other examples of that model. So unlike shopping for knives at Cabela's, each HI blade is a functional piece of art. It's more than the sum of its components. They have flaws, and they have undeniable beauty. No two are exactly the same, and so you can "bond" with each one in a unique way. They each have their own individual personality.

When you add all the qualities of the blades to the pleasure that one gets from this forum and its members and Auntie Yangdu, and knowing that we are helping people through HI, it just feels good.

I didn't intend to ramble like that, but I thnk it sums up the reason that I have HIKV.

Right now, I'd like an 18"-20" sirupati, a Gelbu Special, a hanshee, an ASTK, M43, and of course swords. I want a tarwar, katana, long sword....
There are other items that piqué my interest as well, but I don't really see myself using. (Not that I know how to use a sword or fighting knife anyways). Items like the kerambit look really cool, but I just don't know what to do with them. I guess that's how the HIKV works though. Each model is unique and has its own appeal, and each individual item is also unique from the other examples of that model. So unlike shopping for knives at Cabela's, each HI blade is a functional piece of art. It's more than the sum of its components. They have flaws, and they have undeniable beauty. No two are exactly the same, and so you can "bond" with each one in a unique way. They each have their own individual personality.

When you add all the qualities of the blades to the pleasure that one gets from this forum and its members and Auntie Yangdu, and knowing that we are helping people through HI, it just feels good.

I didn't intend to ramble like that, but I thnk it sums up the reason that I have HIKV.

You couldn't have said it better. Since they are handmade, each one has its own character. Things that are executed PERFECTLY, and minor flaws that you can nitpick.

It makes it so "enough" is never enough.

EDIT: Looks like I tried making a new word.

Last edited:
You couldn't have said it better. Since they are handmade, each one has its own character. Things that are executed PERFECTEDLY, and minor flaws that you can nitpick.

It makes it so "enough" is never enough.

Yeah... Just wish my wife would understand better. She freaked out about the latest triangle box...:(

I know the feeling! That is how it was when I got my Chitlangi. It was on my list, and the perfect Chitlangi showed up when I just happened to check. It's exactly what I wanted it to be, and definitely my most rewarding shark.

I don't know how many more are on my list, as I keep finding new models that I want...

My list include the siru blade too, the problem is the. Time difference from the states and to southeast asia (philippines). Whenever yangdu post some deals on the forum most of time they are long gone ;)

Yeah that siru was better than perfect. I've been wanting a 20" 24oz and that was even a little lighter. Ta2 you made a great grab and in doing so made no friends in Baltimore. Just kdding, it's not that serious, but I am jealous!

danboy, I'm surprised you're still even LOOKING after your 4 blade frenzy a few days ago!!! I wish I had that much latitude in life....:p :rolleyes:

Back