DMT EEF after break-in

The DMT EEF has been a stone that does not seem to get the credit it deserves, I know their are some of you that have decided to invest in this stone but from experience know that first impressions can be depressing. I have been using mine for about a year now and while it sill has some breaking-in to do its broke-in enough to show the rest of you what a little time and patients will bring you.

Diamonds can polish you just need to give them time ;)
Spyderco military S30V.
Picture889.jpg

Picture877.jpg

A shot with outdoor lighting up close
Picture897.jpg

It's sharp too :)
Picture898.jpg

If they sold it pre-broken in it would be on my to get list. It sucks it takes lapping it on another DMT plate or on a ceramic knife to get it to work right. Once broken in though it would make not only a great sharpened for my S90V Manix 2 (and any other knife) but also it would be a great final flattening stone for my 16000 grit Shapton Glasstone.

Mike

If they sold it pre-broken in it would be on my to get list. It sucks it takes lapping it on another DMT plate or on a ceramic knife to get it to work right. Once broken in though it would make not only a great sharpened for my S90V Manix 2 (and any other knife) but also it would be a great final flattening stone for my 16000 grit Shapton Glasstone.

Mike

It works wonders on S90V, I wouldn't try and use it to lap though theirs just not enough bite to the stone to be effective in that way.

It works wonders on S90V, I wouldn't try and use it to lap though theirs just not enough bite to the stone to be effective in that way.

I may add this to my Santa list, and I have heard of 1 person having good success lapping finer stones with it. I would lap my 16K with the DMT Coarse first, then DMT Fine (my current routine), then try adding in the EEF. If it works, great, if not I'd still have a great 3 micron stone for S90V and other Super Steels.

Mike

Back