Drop Point EDC CPM-M4

Ban

Just got done with this drop point EDC in cpm-M4 with natural canvas micarta. It is .100 thick with a full convex grind. Boy was it a bear to refinish and get and clean up all the stupid foil that has welded on to the blade. I left this one a little harder than the larger BT4s. It reads 63-64rc on my tester. Should hold its edge for a looooong time.

Will take better pics and put it up for sale this evening.

5708749614_3cf078f321_b.jpg

Ban. send me an email through my website and I can give you some hints on how to avoid the foil sticking to the blade. Phil

It reads 63-64rc on my tester. Should hold its edge for a looooong time.

That's a nice neighborhood. A fellow measured a Spyderco M4 Military at 63.3rc when they came out. A lot of people have commented they like the Spyderco M4 edge better than Benchmade's version. Looks pretty nice. :thumbup:

Damn, that is one nice EDC! I'd snatch that right up and put it on immediate EDC duty if I had the funds.

Pefect EDC. :thumbup:

ETA:

Can't...stop...looking... :D

I bet this will be sold by the time I wake up tomorrow....

Last edited:
Here is a better shot of the knife. This one was sold before I got a chance to put it up for sale.

5708933975_f23e7b93f8_b.jpg

5708934255_5bd0d18624_b.jpg

Ban. send me an email through my website and I can give you some hints on how to avoid the foil sticking to the blade. Phil

Thanks Phil! I will make sure to send you a email. By the way I will be using that HT info that you gave me for 10V and M390 very soon.

GOMLE not sure what you mean here, Ban and I make different knives and don't feel like we are in competition. I have helped him and others work out heat treats for these high alloy steels. There is room enough for all. Phil

I've heard alot of your knives Mr. Wilson, saying your knives with supersteel has the best edge retention out there. I't was just a tribute to Ban's work thinking that, that M-4 knife may be up there with yours, regarding the edge. No harm ment.

That was me that snatched it up. This will be my second Ban knife and I can't say enough good about Ban and his knives except that if you don't have one, you're missing out on something awesome.

You lucky dog :D A nice BT4 recurve, now this, you're on a roll :thumbup:

I've got a Ti necker and a Pikal from Ban...now I need me a choiless BT4 and a drop-point EDC exactly like this, but maybe in black canvas. :D

The funny thing is I haven't been on the forums lately because I've been studying for a promotional exam. Luck was definitely on my side. The choil less BT4 is next for me as well.

cmgray, i like your taste in ban's blades.
'course i've got a BT4 and an (AEB-L) DropPointEDC myself, so i might be a little biased :)

-i made my EDC into a necker, sizewise, it's perfect for it.

and i'm guessing you and i are going to be in a race next time one of his bigger blades comes up....

Did someone say Tigress? I have one tempering in the oven as I write this ;)

It is hard to beat the little carbidized Ti knives for everyday carry neckers. I sleep with a Ti Pikal in my front pocket and don't ever even notice it.

Back