Drop Point EDC

i did not know that.
now i can slice away with no worries!
just drop you a line when they eventually need it, and stick return postage in with the knife(s)?

the edc is perfect around my neck, btw. can't even feel it there. it's perfect.

Yep, that is the way it works! :thumbup: So go ahead and use it like it was meant to be used.:thumbup:

Hi Ban, do you have the handle and blade lengths of this knife? Also, do you ship outside the States? Thanks.

Hi Ban, do you have the handle and blade lengths of this knife? Also, do you ship outside the States? Thanks.

Thanks for your interest.
The OAL on this one was roughly 6.5" and blade was about 3 1/4. Yes, I have shipped outside of the US.

Thanks Ban for your quick reply. I would like the handle to be in carbon fiber; would that be a problem?

I can do cf no problem. It will obviously cost more for that option.

So do you have any of your knives for sale anywhere? They look magnificent and I would love to own one!

Hello Ban, I confirm I am placing an order for a piece of the drop point EDC for delivery to Hong Kong. Size of knife is what you described in post #23; handle to be in carbon fiber; steel and grind to be same as post #1.

Do I need to pay you now? I would prefer to pay you through Paypal if it's OK with you. Thanks.

So do you have any of your knives for sale anywhere? They look magnificent and I would love to own one!

Thanks for your interest. I currently do not have any for sale right now. I have a few that are work in progress but mostly to fill orders that were placed. I usually give some notice of what I will be putting up for sale here on this forum before I put them on the Knifemakers FS area.

Hello Ban, I confirm I am placing an order for a piece of the drop point EDC for delivery to Hong Kong. Size of knife is what you described in post #23; handle to be in carbon fiber; steel and grind to be same as post #1.

Do I need to pay you now? I would prefer to pay you through Paypal if it's OK with you. Thanks.

Please email me at ban_tang@yahoo.com with your order. You do not have to pay me now and I do not take deposits. I will contact you when I get ready to start. In general I will fill the orders in the order that I receive them.

ban,
in the world of 'odd things my knives get used for after i send them out the door to customers', how about:

carving a curved splint out of 2 taped together tongue depressors for a Chinchilla with a fractured/dislocated tarsus? (think ankle on us)

it's actually kind of tough to find something sharp enough to cut through thick tongue depressors without cracking the edges enough to make it unusable. turns out a convex edge EDC drop point by you does the job really well :)

-i have kind of a funny job somedays.
mpg

Ah, now I know what the dvm part of your handle is :thumbup: That's a novel use, for sure.

That was a good use for the drop pt edc. You mean to tell me that you didn't bust out the BT4 to scare the nice little old ladies. :D

nah, the BT4 is more for little warts and stuff i find on exams. yank it out and say, "let's just cut that baby off right here right now. hold him down for me, this is gonna sting a little." :)

good thing my clients can't see inside my head and compare it to what i actually say out loud....

Back