dust mask for the manly-faced

daizee

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Todd, I was gonna post the dust mask I use like an eon ago and forgot.
Here's the model I've been using and they are shockingly good, even with my facial hair.
I recently tried one of the fancier models with replaceable filters and it doesn't seal to my face as well as this disposeable. We got a couple boxes of 'em cheap at the re-store, I don't know how much they cost in real life yet.

IMG_20121128_230401-small.jpg

Thanks a lot Daizee. I'll hop online and research them. Looks like you got a good deal on them. If I find out the full retail I'll let ya know.

Thanks a lot Daizee. I'll hop online and research them. Looks like you got a good deal on them. If I find out the full retail I'll let ya know.

yeah, I think it was $3.50 for the *entire box*... sometimes you just get lucky.

yeah - if that's the box of 20, it's about $0.10 on the dollar from retail around my parts.
If they really work with beards, now that I know what to look for, I'll see what kind of wholesale price I can get them for.

Found em Daizee, Gemplers online has the exact box of 20 that you pictured above for $27.40 a box not including shipping. Not as good as your price but for 20 this sounds reasonable. How long does one last before you pitch it? You say it works well with furry face?

Found em Daizee, Gemplers online has the exact box of 20 that you pictured above for $27.40 a box not including shipping. Not as good as your price but for 20 this sounds reasonable. How long does one last before you pitch it? You say it works well with furry face?

I only work at this part-time, of course, and they last me a couple weeks. I'd plan for 2-3 days at most. They hold up surprisingly well and the elastics seldom break. I have medium furry-face. Full-ish coverage, but not actually bulky. I shave my neck and the tops of my cheeks these days. If they're coming out to about $2/ea retail I'd say they're still worth it if they work for you. I have to shape the nose clip around my schnoz to keep from fogging my glasses, but then it's good.

I just checked and still have some left. PM me your address and I'll send you one if you're not in a rush.

That's right kind of ya Daisee. PM inbound.

I got into that for a while in the 80's. Not a bad look either, but it made my collar and my belt itch.

It's all about the aftershave.

Todd, let me know if that thing arrives. The lady appears to have mailed it while I was away at work this week (that was the plan), but I don't know when. If the PO sorters ate it I'll send another in a sturdier mailer.

It's all about the aftershave.

Todd, let me know if that thing arrives. The lady appears to have mailed it while I was away at work this week (that was the plan), but I don't know when. If the PO sorters ate it I'll send another in a sturdier mailer.

Daizee. The lady did real good. I received it safe and sound yesterday. I have not got a chance to try it out. This weekend it will be put to the test. I'll be sure to post on this thread my opinion of it. Irregaurdless of what my opinion is, thank you very much for taking the time and expense to send it to me to try. That's top notch generousity right there. It will not be forgotten.

Daizee. The lady did real good. I received it safe and sound yesterday. I have not got a chance to try it out. This weekend it will be put to the test. I'll be sure to post on this thread my opinion of it. Irregaurdless of what my opinion is, thank you very much for taking the time and expense to send it to me to try. That's top notch generousity right there. It will not be forgotten.

sweet! You're welcome, my pleasure to send it along.
I hope it works ok for you, but if it doesn't, that's important information too!

I used the mask this weekend while doing some finer work on G-10 at my finishing table. I wanted something a little less agravating to take on and off opossed to my half mask. looks like this may work. it fits much better than most disposable masks and no black boogers to speak of!:D Thanks agian daisee for sending me the sample. now I just got to get you to hook me up with your killer discount!

Back