Ed Lombi Tracker knife???

I posted this question in General Knife Discussion but perhaps this is the right place.

I'm trying to find a picture of an Ed Lombi Tracker/WSK knife. I hope someone here can help and post a link. Perhaps someone has experience with it. If so - does it look much like this??

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ives?p=3279309

How does it compare to other versions of the Tracker?

-Rikard

I have seen a pic of the original Lombi version of the knife. It looked like a crude, well not really crude per se, but less aesthetically pleasing version of the Beck version. It also had a different angle to it and was a little smaller.

I have seen a pic of the original Lombi version of the knife. It looked like a crude, well not really crude per se, but less aesthetically pleasing version of the Beck version. It also had a different angle to it and was a little smaller.

Thanks for your input. Interesting that it was smaller I think. Was it close to Tom Browns drawing in this thread?? http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ives?p=3279309

I can't open that link for some reason, but I'm pretty sure I know what sketch you mean. Yeah it was similar to that drawing. I think it was a really old issue of a survival magazine or knife mag where I saw the pic, but I distinctly remember it.

Yes, that is sort of like the original if I'm remebering right. And I know myakka had taken some of Tom Brown's courses. I don't know if he still posts here, but maybe he could weigh in.

I was just passing through as it's been some time since I've looked to see what's been going on here lately & noticed the question on the Ed Lombi Design. I have personally examined Ed's work years ago at the Tracker school & can confirm that the picture located on the link posted above is the original Tom Brown design that Ed was producing when he was offering these knives. If I recall right, I believe his last knives were produced around 1992 before he had moved on to other ventures.

I was just passing through as it's been some time since I've looked to see what's been going on here lately & noticed the question on the Ed Lombi Design. I have personally examined Ed's work years ago at the Tracker school & can confirm that the picture located on the link posted above is the original Tom Brown design that Ed was producing when he was offering these knives. If I recall right, I believe his last knives were produced around 1992 before he had moved on to other ventures.

Wow, you're the definite expert on these blades. I haven't been able to locate any pictures of Ed's version except for that drawing. I've been collecting info on the different blades. The design intrigues me. When I first saw it (in the Hunted of course) I just knew the idea was close to perfect for a do-all blade and got the Tops version and as discussed here many times the Tops version is weird, got it reground here in Sweden so it works a bit better but still not as good as I believe the design can work. Well who knows one day perhaps I'll get my hands on one of your originals and then I will know how well it can work :) Thanks for your input.
-Rikard

Last edited:
Back