EDC versipack

Hi all,
I recently ordered a maxpedition fatboy versipack which arrived today.
I've compiled a small EDC bob type kit to go in it and wondered if anyone had suggestions re. the contents. This isn't for survival or bugging out, its just for useful everyday items.

ok, so far it has:

- fenix tk12
- 4x spare batteries
- spyderco native
- SAK
- leatherman micra
- some small zip ties
- butane lighter
- box of cigar matches
- folded up plastic bag
- wallet
- coin purse
- phone
- keys
- small moleskine notebook
- ballpoint pen
- mechanical pencil
- 2x antiseptic wipes
- 3x plasters
- 1 dose of paracetamol
- 1 does of ibuprofen
- sanitising hand gel
- small olbas oil jar (hayfever)
- nasal spray
- inhaler
- earplugs
- bottle of water

the only other thing I can immediately think of to put in is some paracord. can anyone think of anything else?

ps. the pack itself is really really really good (for what i want it for anyway)

thanks

Great choice for a pack! I have a Maxpedition Versipack EDC that I really like.

Your list looks really good. The only things that I can add for you to think about depending on capacity left and weight. YMMV.
o paracord, like you mentioned
o Rite-in-the-rain notebook
o Firesteel; I have the Firesteel Scout
o Vaseline soaked cotton balls (3 or 4)
o Water purification tabs
o Trash compactor bag (this might have been what you meant by the small plastic bag....)
o bandana
o Signal mirror
o Compass (I keep 2: one Silva and the other a small button compass that can go on my watchband)
o Whistle
o Small prybar (I got a small one from Countycomm)
o emergency poncho
o emergency blanket
o teabags
o pistol with extra clip (I have a Kahr CW9...)
o Lansky pocket sharpener
o small toothpaste tube and small toothbrush
o Lexan spoon
o snare wire
o 3 sq. ft. of heavy duty foil
o metal cup where the water bottle can fit in it
o altoids tin with meds, extra firesteel, razor, duct tape, small SAK, and various other goodies
o 15'+ duct tape wrapped around old credit card

I live in the mountains of New Mexico and my stuff is centered around wilderness emergency survival things. My wife and I volunteer for mountain search and rescue, as well.

Hope you enjoy your new Maxpedition. I am a huge fan of their stuff. Looks like my bag could take a nuclear hit and still be intact.

Yeah... That's a lot of stuff already, if I had to add anything to that it would be a large bandanna and some fingernail clippers. Maybe like chapstick and sunscreen?

The only problem I see is you can make that bag so heavy--you will not like carrying it.

I have one--and it's Great when loaded up to a point.

Load it with too much--or as much as you can fit--and after a Very short time on the trail--you question why your not wearing a backpack

Please trust me on that

^ he makes a great point. You can load that bad boy up if you're only carrying it from home to car to work or school. The second you start wearing 15 lbs off one side of your neck for more than a half hour, you'll wanna rethink everything that's in that bag. It kind of sounds like your situation is the former tho, I'll try to think of some more cool gadgets that you need :)

Back