1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Eels and swords !

Discussion in 'Sword Discussion' started by mete, Jul 14, 2017.

1. mete

mete Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2003
    I thought I'd see a Mecha post this morning but I guess he's still asleep
    Seems that a truck loaded with eels flipped over and slimy eels shut down the highway in OR ! A perfect opportunity for Mecha to demonstrate a unique eel vs Ti sword test !!
    http://gizmodo.com/hagfish-slime-is-wonderful-1796918961

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  2. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I'd pay $10 to see that!!! :D -- :thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. mete

Jun 10, 2003
    Send me $ 10 , it's been added ! :D

4. Mecha

Mecha

Dec 27, 2013
    EWWWWW!

5. horseclover

horseclover

Nov 21, 2000
    Spellcheck problem? :p

Should be EEEEELS!

Lots of skins to peel, sushi to cut. My colonial Japanese ewwwww scabbard
    [​IMG]

Cheers

GC

6. Mecha

Mecha

Dec 27, 2013
    That's a real nice-lookin' saber. The scabbard cover is eelskin?

Those slimy hagfish aren't technically eels. Eels are so much more classy. :D

7. mete

Jun 10, 2003
    This all brings to mind an eel situation when I was just a kid .Some things that happen you remember well. On the river here they catch eels commercially. I was watching as they took a nights catch and put it into a large crate with a tractor to pull it up to the road. I just watched but didn't say anything , after all I was just a kid. The crate had no wheels , no skids , it was just a crate. The tractor pulled the crate which soon broke apart and hundreds of eels wiggled to safety back to the river !!!