Elusive Schrades

Thanks, gents. While both have full blades, they give the impression that they were carried often and well cared for. The SCC had perhaps the finest old edges I have seen on a vintage knife.

Beautiful knives Jamie, love the shape of that Cut. Co. clip.

Eric

Very nice Jamie, love the old Scrades, not all that easy to find in good condition.

Found this elusive one this week, a farmers jack, pretty decent condition with some faint blade etch remaining, Bartlett Manufacturing Co, Detroit, Mich. They were an arborist manufacturing and supply company. Missing tip of main blade but other than that I think it's pretty nice.

IMG_6554_zpsue2kxajt.jpg

IMG_6552_zpsf7mczvrx.jpg

IMG_6556_zpstu1nutv4.jpg

IMG_6561_zpsyzyuyatm.jpg

IMG_6514_zpsdqdav7v9.jpg

Jamie and John, wonderful knives...JOHN, that SCC with Bartlett etch is AMAZING!!!

Last edited:
Thank you Paul, thanks Gev, I have been looking for an original farmers jack for quite awhile and was pretty happy to get this one.

Here are five Schrades. From top: 1. Schrade Cut Co. 3.125" Imitation Pearl handled two blade. Factory Edge. 2. Schrade Cut Co. 3" Whittler. Factory edges and finish. 3. Schrade Cut Co. 2.875" Imitation Pearl two blade with secondary blade nail file. Tip bolsters. Factory edges and finish. 4. Schrade Cut Co. 3.0625" two blade EE. Factory edges and finish. 5. Schrade Walden 3" 1/2 Congress. Factory edges and finish. Most appear unused or ever so slightly perhaps. Lloyd
ca398197-18f0-430c-a562-0faa1d4d3f1c_zpsfuzjxuru.jpg

8bb4a642-7481-4de6-925a-eae974ec7255_zpsqdomenea.jpg

9d26a5ed-fb52-477a-95b2-816e60e03e8e_zpsdscgfpm7.jpg

Nice little grouping, Lloyd!!:thumbup:
My spies are surrounding your house as we speak, looking for your knife well!!:eek:
:D

Thanks Charlie! Great, going to have to move my Schrades to a different "safe house" now:D. Lloyd

Lloyd, very nice covey of Schrade's. That whittler has a great blade selection, love the coping. The bone on the Congress appears to be very similar to the covers on my stockman above.

Lloyd, very nice group of Schrades, you really have an eye for great vintage knives.

Back