Estimate of eta to availability of INFI for custom makers???

Marion, your answer is NO!. Lets face it, if Busse were to let this stuff out, his knife sales would drop. The biggest appeal these knives have is the steel, loose that uniqueness and you loose sales.

I think that letting the modified INFI out to other knife makers is probably the direction they will go.

There is no offense meant here, as I have several Busse's now. But most people have their own idea as to what the best knife shape is, and will want someone to make it for them or already know who makes it.

This is just my opinion of course, but this makes sense to me.

Marion, your answer is NO!. Lets face it, if Busse were to let this stuff out, his knife sales would drop. The biggest appeal these knives have is the steel, loose that uniqueness and you loose sales.

I think that letting the modified INFI out to other knife makers is probably the direction they will go.

There is no offense meant here, as I have several Busse's now. But most people have their own idea as to what the best knife shape is, and will want someone to make it for them or already know who makes it.

Hey Cobalt, what'd you say
wink.gif

Sorry for the triple posting there, I wasn't trying to make that much of a point.

The other option here is to make INFI available at a cost that would make custom knives cost $200-$300 above the BM. This would keep the Busse products in the running and alllow custom makers to utilize the steel.

Back