1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

ETA for ESEE-4 stainless?

Discussion in 'ESEE KNIVES' started by THE BARON, Feb 26, 2011.

1. THE BARON

THE BARON

Aug 18, 2006
    Well, the title says it all... Jeff, what say you?

When can I get one of these bad boys in my hand?

B

2. texastonydobbs

texastonydobbs

May 25, 2007
    around Blade show (June-ish)

3. Mannlicher

Mannlicher

Nov 19, 2008
    please tell me it won't be in 440C :thumbdn:

I would love to see something in S30V, CPM54, or the like. I would have to start buying knives all over again.

4. Horn Dog

Horn Dog

Sep 9, 2005
    440C with a good heat treat is very good cutlery steel. You get it in a super steel and the price goes up a lot with only a marginal improvement in performance. Just my thinking on the matter.

5. Dizwolf

Dizwolf

Aug 25, 2009
    +1 I've yet to have something in 440 that failed to cut something.

6. abolt2

abolt2

Nov 4, 2009
    Cant wait, Hopefully they come with orange slabs.:)

7. t-k-c

t-k-c Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 14, 2009
    Yes... 440C done right is good stuff.

8. TheGame

TheGame

Sep 24, 2008
    +1

I agree 100%. I love 440C if heat treated properly.

9. EvilBunnyReviews

EvilBunnyReviews

Dec 20, 2010
    I think we should get a izula in vg-10

10. twoism

twoism

Jan 26, 2011
    My lady friend has a Benchmade in 440C and it performs very well. I'm quite happy to see an ESEE coming in that steel. Would much prefer it over AUS-8 or something similarly affordable.

11. Flexxx

Flexxx Banned BANNED

Dec 11, 2010
    440C is excellent.....

cant wait for this blade

12. txjigen8

txjigen8

Nov 30, 2010
    the Izula in VG10 would make that price fly up, would still be cool none the less

13. Jake Bauer

Jake Bauer

Sep 19, 2007
    440C is awesome. Especially with Rowen's touch.

14. WiryDirtBag

WiryDirtBag

Feb 26, 2011
    Copy that, to my experience 440c keeps an edge really well and is not that bad to resharpen. Never had problems with that kind of steel and would indeed be glad to get the 4 made out of that stuff (really need a new one after my soon-to-be-ex-wife sucked out all money of me AND kept my favorite knife).
    Had a Puma-Knife (famous german knifemakers for quite some time) in 440c and there were no reasons to complain about; Anyways 440a sucks big time.

15. Mannlicher

Mannlicher

Nov 19, 2008
    groan. I guess a crowd that is perfectly happy with 1095, WOULD be happy with 440C. :rolleyes:

16. Hevy Devy

Hevy Devy

Nov 20, 2010
    :thumbup:
    well heat treated the 440c is a great steel. like it more than D2 or a few of those newer "super steels".

What are you babbling about? :rolleyes:

17. GRIM 62

GRIM 62

Mar 29, 2009
    What,you don't think Rowen knows how to heat treat 440C properly,really,are you kidding me??Myself,I'm looking forward to the release of a stainless(440C)4!

18. Pilot1

Pilot1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2005
    I have a Benchmade Griptillian in 440C and love it. Great steel that takes a mean edge.

19. mistrust

mistrust

Feb 1, 2011
    I am far from a expert on steel, but I don't see the benefit of making a knife out of some "super steel" and pricing it out of the reach of your average consumer. Unless, ofcourse your goal is to sell to a handfull of collectors then make it out of whatever you want.
    Twoism and Pilot1 mentioned Benchmade and I have been carrying a Benchmade, made from of 440c, for the past year or so and and have no complaints at all about the performance of the steel.

20. R.A.T.

R.A.T. Randall's Adventure & Training

Feb 4, 2004
    We still have not nailed a date down on this thing.