1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Ever seen this before?

Discussion in 'Around the Grinder' started by Hengelo_77, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Well, going' at it with my jewelers saw when the sawblade broke...
    It took me a moment to realise what had happened and how.
    (next to the finger nail)

[​IMG]

Hard core jewelery sawing?
    Am I the first to have this happen to me?

2. mete

mete Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Much of my experience with jewelers saws has been, OOOHHH ! &%#*& I broke another one !! It's much better to limit use to soft metals !!

3. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    I can tell you that jewelers see that more than they would like to. It happens so fast you don't even really feel it. Always pull out in the reverse of the teeth angle or it will hurt a lot.

4. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    yes i took my time to see wich way the teeth were orientated.
    The look on my girlfriends face was priceless when I handed her a pliers and showed her my finger.....

5. Rick Marchand

Rick Marchand Donkey on the Edge Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 6, 2005
    That...... is nasty.

6. BuckleBuilder

BuckleBuilder Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2014
    I've been using a jewelers saw for about 10 yes and have never had that happen. I don't like those deep frames. They flex too much. However, I know they are needed at times.

7. Jesse Smith

Jesse Smith KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2013
    When I was 18 or so, I was working at an audio place. My sister stopped in the shop to say hi, while I was building speaker boxes. While I was in the other room she tripped on the air line to the brad nailer. It pulled the nailer off the table and when it hit the floor it shot a brad at her face. She held both hands up in front of her face with her fingers spread like she was catching something. She luckily had her fingers in just the right spot because the airborne brad stopped in the tip of one of her fingers. It looked just like your picture only the brad went through the middle of the nail as well.