Favorite edc colors

Depends on where you edc. In an office environment, I think colors like red or blue tend to be less likely to agitate your co-workers. If you're out in the woods, an orange knife will one day pay for itself in not having to buy another. Black and olive drab are fine, but tend to scream "he's got a weapon!" if you open it in public.

my favorite color for anything is baby blue. I'm thinking about getting a jeep in that color XP unfortunately that's not a common color for knives so any old blue is fine

I've always liked darker and more subdued colors - grey, black, brown, dark green, etc. But I do agree with Bassman. Colors can really effect how people respond to your blade. A pink knife is very hard to threaten people with.

Red, Coyote Brown and the Mikkel Wiluumsen's Brown/Green and Gray Camo.

I like any colors really.
I agree with TT, I love Blue lol.
But, camo for EDC is not a huge deal.
I live in the city(where I'm around a huge amount of several kinds of people all the time) and I carried a Spyderco Para2 in Camo, and a Spyderco Manix 2 in all Black for a long time.
As long as you just take it out, use it for what you need to, and then put it back in your pocket, you should be good to go.

I now carry a ZT 0560 and Spyderco Stretch daily. The sizes and shapes of these two kinda look like weapons, but I've had no problems.

esee-izula-venom-green-new-april2012.jpg

Attachments

• esee-izula-venom-green-new-april2012.jpg
    esee-izula-venom-green-new-april2012.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 13
I seldom think about colors of an edc knife. Whatever color the knife happens to be is fine by me.

The exception is camo. Stupid idea. And they want you to pay extra for it? What utter nonsense. If I am outdoors, I want a brightly colored handle, because if I put the silly thing down I want to be able to find it again. And if I am not outside, why would I want camo?

I like to carry a variety of colors mostly because black is starting to wear me down. Also colors may appear less threatening to some people such as the pink Spyderco Squeak :)

2012-07-07033019.jpg

Big fan of orange, but strangely I only own one orange handled knife, my Ritter MiniGrip with Orange G-10 scales. I don't have any problem with black, which works since it is so common. My UKPKs are Foliage Green to match my uniform, but I would trade one for an orange one if I could. (I would keep the other as FG). I do plan on buying more orange handled knives. A full size Ritter Grip with the orange scales ranks pretty high on my next knife to buy list.

b16b264f.jpg

Last edited:
I like the Spyderco orange but it would be a bit too bright for my EDC. Most of my knives are silver/black and I'm fine with that, but I do like a touch of color. I have a couple of the new blue G10 Spydercos and they are borderline too bright for me. I bought one of the new Spyderco green G10 Tenacious and I like that color too. It gives you a touch of color but it is subdued and not too bright. I would like to see some knives with red G10 and I might like that for EDC, or maybe even maroon. The would fit in the subdued touch of color mode.

photo409c.jpg

Camo is always appropriate if you have on a RealTree t-shirt and snake boots.

Hogue.jpg

I agree with you guys exept I think camo makes people think military then they automatically think weapon. All black non reflective and people r probably used to all black if they have seen a knife.

Orange. I love orange. I'm thinking about gettin a para2 with an orange handle(hard to find) or a griptilian with an orange handle. Either way, go with orange. :D

I likr black on black, but I do keep losing them and I never need any tactical uses. I think I need to change it it up to stop losing them... but I like them

I really love coyote brown or Deseret tan but I usaly have on tan or green cargo type pants.

Black, FDE, camo, stainless, chrome, I don't care... As long as it's sharp and will work for what I need it to do.

I am partial to an FDE/black or black/polished look.

I think when it comes to being "EDC friendly" meaning you won't scare people when you take your knife out.... size matters more than color. A para 2 will look scary to people no matter what color its in IMO.

I'm sure if it's orange or blue it helps make it look more like a toy, but regardless you have that menacing looking pointy 3.5" blade.

Back