First Becker Needed

Ok folks, heres the question, I am a big fan of ESEE and have really come to like and trust them totally, they are the best blades i have owned yet. I love good blades as much as we all do that perform without a hitch that we can trust to get the job done. So know i want to try out some Becker products and see for myself how they perform, i know they get pleanty of respect and high regards and i was wondering which i should start out buying first?
I now have these from ESEE;
Izzy
RC4
RC6
The 6 is my all time favorite it just feels right and does everything i want and does it well. I have to blame MooseZ for this new addiction thats starting, because he is a fan of both and it just seems like reading his posts we think alike, so that being said what beckers do you recommend for me to get started towards becoming a BeckerHead???
Thanks for the input.
And thank you MooseZ for helping me empty my bank account.:eek::D

BloodGroove4570, dingobubba is right. I am getting my first Becker after the first of the year, & the godfather said to either get the BK2 or the BK9, said I would not be disappointed in either one of them. But if you talk to him, don't fall for that "Have to send it to me to be blessed first" B/S like I almost did . . . :D
Good luck with your choice, I don't think either of us will be disappointed.
Be safe.
(#19) ah-ah, that light is getting brighter . . .

Get the BK9. You'll love it. Its big, but not too heavy, you can chop and do some fine cutting too. It will slice bread and tomatoes so thin, you in-laws won't come back for dinner no more.

Good luck, and welcome to the fold. After you get the 9, go ahead an pull the trigger on a BK2 and get ready to be amazed. Promise.

Moose

actually, try the BK5 Magnum Camp too - amazing AMAZING slicer, but you can't beat the BK2 or BK9 as a try me either.

I was thinking of that but just got a delivery today with an RTAK2.:eek:

Cool, I just got a TOPS XcEST in the mail. Good on you. Go with the BK2 and become ONE OF USSSSSSSSS!!

Once you hold it, you will know what we are, and why we are like the way we are. Are?

Moose

OK im thinking the BK2 or the 5, has anyon here beat the 5 up pretty good, is the tip strong enough in design for some good batoning?

OK im thinking the BK2 or the 5, has anyon here beat the 5 up pretty good, is the tip strong enough in design for some good batoning?

Oh, the 5 has taken some beatings for sure, but for the price, you can get you a BK2, some micarta handles, and an ESKabar, and still get you some drive thru lunch the next day, for the same money.

Moose

I'm still voting for the BK7. I love the heck outta the BK2, but my 7 still gets more belt time! Either way, you're gonna love it!

You have some nice thinner knives - you need the quarter inch thick awesomeness that is the BK-2. Just look at it...
20101215_ac_06e.jpg

Angels should be singing or something.

---

Beckerhead #42

Well with a little thought and all the input from you guys, i think im going for the sharpened prybar BK2. I havent ordered yet but thats where im leaning towards.

I'd get a BK2. It'll do the same thing as the ESEE-5 for less, while still filling the void for a 1/4in. thick, 5in wrecking train.

I definitely think you will eventually own both, BK2 & BK9. For the moment the BK2 sounds like it will fit right in with the blades you already own.

Back