First close up Look,New Kershaw: Thermite #3880 (SPANTO INSIDE!)

GP is now predicting 2Q2013, - April to June. That misses the tax refund season, but that's normal for most SHOT intros. In fact, it's early. Magpul should be so quick. :)

It's that or a BM 950, which just jumped back on the list because I might find one cheap earlier. Taxes can't be filed until today, IIRC I heard refunds won't go out for 30 more. That might slow down things a bit.

Answered my own question.... Very excited for this one. Why would you buy the 566 if they are both steel?

Last edited:
Just did a pre-order for this one and the Cryo II. Gonna wait and see about the 566. Probably just gonna get that as well.

im looking foward to this knife and all the new 2013 kershaws.......going to be a poor poor man tho

Thermite is nice, but these "carvings" on the scale are not neccessary. They make it look so obviously Chinese.
I'm rather gonna wait for 2014 Kershaws, U.S. made, I hope.

Taxes can't be filed until today, IIRC I heard refunds won't go out for 30 more.

My fed electronic return was accepted jan 27, and I got my refund already.

I just saw pre order availability for the Thermite so I guess I'm gonna order a couple.

Well, weak soul that I am, I bought a Southard. I also pre-odered the 566. I took the sandpaper to the fat Southard G10 though, so now it looks like a smaller version of my 561. Well, until you open it. The blade is nothing like a Hinderer.

SWEET.gif

Thermite is nice, but these "carvings" on the scale are not neccessary. They make it look so obviously Chinese.
I'm rather gonna wait for 2014 Kershaws, U.S. made, I hope.

Thats the first thing I thought as well. I'll make some new scales for it. I dont understand why companies do stuff like that.

Back