First time attending Blade Show Atlanta

Hello,

My son and I are attenidng Blade SHow in Atlanta for the first time this year. I purchased my tickets some time ago and then decided to bring my son as well. When I bought his 3 day ticket I accidently put it in my name so have two tickets with my name on them. I tried to transfer the ticket to him and then got a message that the transfer was invalid. Will it be a problem if I have two sets of tickets both with my name on them. I did email the contact email adress for Blade Show but have not heard back yet. Thought I would try asking here.

Thank you,
Mike

I don't think it'll be a problem.
Father and son with same name, no big deal.
I don't remember ever being asked for ID at registration.

Have fun!

^ this

My son and I went last year (going again this year) and I was never id’d

If you go up to one of the organiser booths I am sure they will sort it out for you. That said no-one would ever know the difference.

several years ago, there was a thing where exhibitors/friends would exchange name placards (tickets) or use funny names (registered). No one cared....You will be given a wristband per ticket, that is what they are looking for...no one looks at the name on a ticket.

I missed the opportunity to buy an early bird pass for my boss. I am in HOT WATER if I don't find him one. Anyone have 1 extra early bird pass that I could buy? Or know where I might find one. I have emailed the blade show but no go. My boss has been going to over 15 years. UGH

Mike - have you emailed this address: blade@bladeshow.com

Hello,

My son and I are attenidng Blade SHow in Atlanta for the first time this year. I purchased my tickets some time ago and then decided to bring my son as well. When I bought his 3 day ticket I accidently put it in my name so have two tickets with my name on them. I tried to transfer the ticket to him and then got a message that the transfer was invalid. Will it be a problem if I have two sets of tickets both with my name on them. I did email the contact email adress for Blade Show but have not heard back yet. Thought I would try asking here.

Thank you,
Mike
blade@bladeshow.com HAVE YOU EMAILED THAT ADDRESS?

several years ago, there was a thing where exhibitors/friends would exchange name placards (tickets) or use funny names (registered). No one cared....You will be given a wristband per ticket, that is what they are looking for...no one looks at the name on a ticket.
Funny names - you have to have some fun right? any idea where I could find 1 early bird ticket for this year?

Won’t be a problem at all. They don’t ID , they just want to see you have the armband on when you enter.

Prepare yourself for AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!

Also, pace yourself, there’s more to look at than you can expect. If you see a knife you love, buy it, it may be gone after you walk away…. happened to me lol. It’s really an amazing event. All kinds of makers, enthusiasts, collectors, and I’ve really enjoyed meeting and talking with all kinds of bladesmiths as well as other collectors. What knives do you collect/use or are there any makers you lean towards?

Back