First Wreck in 40 years giveaway !!!

Hey guys , I haven't done a giveaway in a while , so here it is . I rented a 2008 Cadillac DTS to chauffer my daughter and her date to prom in may and I took her for a pre prom drive and pulled out in front of a 2007 Toyota Prius travelling 45 MPH, I didn't see them nor did they see me . We got t-boned with my daughter sitting in the passenger seat, air bags deployed preventing injury to her. On star sent emergency vehicles before we even realized what happened. The prius was totalled and no one was injured !! I just recieved the bill for the Caddy , which I believe will be taken care of by my Visa insurance, and all you have to do to win a 1660BR Leek and a Kershaw Torx tool is be the closest guesser to the actual charges billed to me by the rental agency. It includes all repairs , loss of use , towing, and storage fees. You must have at least 5 prior posts in this Kershaw forum to play and one guess per person per day . I will announce winner next weekend. Take a look at the pics and make your guesses , good Luck.

Dave

DSCF1788.jpg

DSCF1787.jpg

I'm very glad both you and your daughter walked away from that one. Looks like a much slower speed than 45 mph ... they must be making those cars sturdier than I thought.

After a little light research: 8,495.00.

Bummer. :thumbdn::(

I am glad all parties involved were uninjured. My guess is $15,000. Thanks for the contest.

$9,145.15

Everybody who forgot to put dollar signs is making their guess in Zimbabwean dollars, right?

Very sorry to hear of this SD, and I'm glad you and your daughter are OK!

As I've totaled a few in my lifetime, I'd say $ 16,479.00

Last edited:
including all the external charges i would say 14,675.

i am glad no one was seriously injured. and i would like to say that people who drive priuses at 45MPH or above really don't get the point......

I'm going to say $15,200, might be high but there are two others in the area where I was going to guess first.

I'm very glad both you and your daughter walked away from that one. Looks like a much slower speed than 45 mph ... they must be making those cars sturdier than I thought.

After a little light research: 8,495.00.

Bummer. :thumbdn::(

wish I had a photo of the prius, when my wife arrived on the scene , she thought that the people in the prius were badly injured.

glad all is well

hows bout $6,000 even.

i had barely dented the bumper on a rental car, and it cost nearly $500.........................

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to hear you and your daughter are safe!

The odds of it costing the same as mine are pretty slim, but I'll say $10,718.80.

Back