FJM, German Paratrooper, Gravity Knife

Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messer

To know more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_knife

The pins look to be copper and the washer is missing from under the bail (I need a correct washer so who has one to spare?) and it was $20 at the show so it is a re-build I guess. Metal is bright and no rust. Wood appears to be in good shape. Functions as it should. Not much ID found but I did blow up what is there.

A group shot of the collection: Two 2nd generation and one third generation examples. So far, the first generation has escaped me (no easy take down feature, wood handle) but I am still looking.

Great knives, I look for them for years! thanks for posting. anyone got more to show?

I saw roman polanskie's Knife In The Water (movies can motivate me) and was fascinated by knife so here I am with three similar ones.

So cool!
Werd you get the polymer knife?

At a show many years ago for $50. It is the modern version.

Very cool. I think it's hilarious that those are illegal. Thanks for sharing.

My pleasure. Big, heavy and clunky (not to mention noisy when opened or closed "thunk" goes the blade.

Very cool!

I had a chance to grab one of the polymer handled (green) ones years ago at a military show for $100 but passed as that seemed too expensive. Still want one though! :thumbup:

Mine must be the third gen. It looks like the green polymer on the far right. Does your say 'Bund' on the other side of the handle?

Last edited:
Back