Gary Swenson' an open letter: Platnium and Strider

It's all good. Someone has a thang for Mick, but just expresses it in a twisted fashion. I'm not trying to be condescending, but truthful. I really can't see any other motivation, considering it was never a customer to begin with?

I only talk about this because I have seen this before in other forums. Let me say that the “candor” that GSwen uses is a bit brash (to put it lightly) and could be put in better terms (I think AlphalphaPB did a good job). I am not going to defend what this guy says, but I will give my opinion.

Forums get pretty boring when everyone only says positive things about a product. Constructive criticism is just that, constructive. If a person finds a flaw, they should say so. We are the consumer and what we say matters. Did GSwen say it the wrong way? Perhaps. But he has also said things that were true and backed by Mick’s own posts. And some of GSwen’s words do ring true.

My own opinion: I don’t own/have never tried a Strider. I just find it hard to spend $300-$400 on a knife that is chisel-ground ATS-34 with paracord. However, looks don’t matter to operators, function does and it could be that Striders are the toughest blades on the planet. I don’t know. I can’t risk a few hundred dollars to find out. Now the SnG is a different story. Great looking folder, awesome materials, and if it’s as strong as a Sebenza, I’m sold. The flaws in construction may be worked out eventually, but I will wait to purchase then.

My work as a counselor has me working with kids with no coping skills for their anger. I actually told a kid to respond to people who said negative things to him to say “Thanks for the feedback!” (the kid was a jokester anyway and this fit with his sarcastic personality). So GSwen, thanks for the feedback!

Oh and i forgot....
SEVERAL people have already been injured with the baton axe.

Luckily, none of them were the person holding it.

Actually, Mick, I just got paid, so I think getting one is a good idea! Let's see what this bad boy can do! (Now if someone could point me in the direction of a dealer... TAD?)

And wolfmann601... thanks for the feedback!

Maybe GSwen really likes Mick...u know...in that "other" way...;)

Watch your back Mick!:p ...and your front...:eek: ;)

I feel I'm losing my SF mojo....need SnG to feel like a cool guy again (gasp)........must hurry, if anyone has one, please let me know....don't know how long I can last....turning to sheeple.....

I feel I'm losing my SF mojo....need SnG to feel like a cool guy again (gasp)........must hurry, if anyone has one, please let me know....don't know how long I can last....turning to sheeple.....

I could not get through the post after reading that pillow bitter comment..............that is great!

Cerberus

Trav1, you should really research some things before posting. Striders has no chisel ground blades in there line-up. Mick and Duane has made some custom one-offs with chisel grinds but otherwise ?

tattoo,

You are right, it may have been the one-offs I was thinking of.

-Travis

okay, bit my tongue long enought on this one. I am not a military operator i am a member of a rural S.O. here in montana i am also a member of the regional swat team and i can say form experience that after awhile if you are in the know you will pay the extra money for quality equipment. I own one strider and i had to trade for that one a model MT that i carry on my raid gear. now i have seen more cold steel knives than striders in L.E. work but i think i can explain that. THey are the same folks that will buy a Hi-Point handgun or a jennings or a raven because it goes boom and have the mentality of why would you buy that kimber or glock or for that matter a vickers 1911 because if all you want to do is waste ammo what is the difference in the gun? these are also the same guys that will buy a fobus or a uncle mikes kydex holster instead of the blade-tech or the g-code. if you haven't used the good stuff how would you know the difference?and in my own little world here in the middle of no-where i feel that the Strider knife is worth the money. if Gswen doesn't believe that i would bet that he considers a Hi-Point just as good as a Glock.

Waste of Human skin! :D Maybe if we all chip in 10 cents we can buy him one of them Chinese rippoff knives so he will think he has a dick. :eek:

Rob, he does have a dick. It just does NOT belong to him and maybe he should spit it out!!!!!

You have spiked the laff meter! What is it about this forum that attracts such hillarious responses? Just as I am about to post a reply "LMAO" another one comes up!

Oh, and I paid my money, with my eyes wide open, and don't need a pussbag to warn me about my so-called big mistake. A big mistake is something like not leaving something like the afterbirth that is Gswine on the mountain top for the vultures.

At least he made the most of his situation by becoming a town fool/village idiot.

Originally posted by Mick Strider
Oh and i forgot....
SEVERAL people have already been injured with the baton axe.

Luckily, none of them were the person holding it.

ahhhhhahhaha

ahem.

you do have a way with words.

-j

don't like the knives, return them or sell them to someone. On 2nd hand, you wouldn't get anyone to buy them from you because they have been infected by your ignorance here.

Folks, I had to resort back to my original user ID here because in attempt to change my email address here on these forums (because of unwanted emails I was getting from certain individuals here), I mistyped it and now I can not log in anymore using Platinum as my ID here at Bladeforums. Two reasons I changed my user ID to Platinum to begin with was because I forgot my password to this one and I wanted to start 'a new' here at Bladeforums putting the past behind because of things I was going through which were not so good for me. I am better once again and back to my ole self from years ago.

I have not received any Strider knives as of yet, but I assure you that I will like them because there are WAY too many good things about Strider Knives being said by PROS! Just like getting a car, some like a particular brand and model, and some don't. There are lemons with everything you purchase, at least Strider will correct a lemon, if one were to ever be found.

We shall ignore ignorance of people that hold grudges, mr swenson.

Mark W. Douglas
AKA Platinum

Edited: Keep your head up Mick Strider ..... we love ya Man! :)

Back