GEC 25s - Gots 'em?

There were of course many single spear jacks in the intervening years, including 2015;

1456608B-E35C-4AB4-92FF-3A5D4906CF18_zpsylf6my7v.jpg

Thanks everyone for answering the abalone question. I have been busy at work and just noticed the question asked by pertinux. I was just about to answer but see that it has been answered thoroughly!

Yes, thanks for the great explanations and the illustrative photos. The end shots with the direct light really lets you see how the two different versions are constructed.
I see that the GEC production schedule has LG green abalone for an upcoming 38, so I will look forward to pics, now that I know more about them.
Sorry for veering away from the conversation on 25s.

I have a 25 Sheepfoot in Stag incoming. Does anyone have opinions on why so hard to find and why they command the prices they do?

I have a 25 Sheepfoot in Stag incoming. Does anyone have opinions on why so hard to find and why they command the prices they do?

I think the latter question is answered by the first. But the first question is something that has been curious about GEC for years. When a pattern comes out there will be little interest in it, thus the factory doesn't make any for a long time and dealers get aggravated they are sitting on them. Then, boom - demand shows up and there are none to be had.

Thanks for your opions. I have never owned a GEC but this model I just could not get out of my head. I think I will feel bad about using it in fear of scratching or otherwise defacing it. But use it I will! I bought to be a tool and coulda bought something cheaper but hey I am worth it.

They just need to do a good run of 25s with this nice low riding Drop-Point blade, all handle options are good with this blade. Really wonder why they've got leery of making more Drop-Points? Maybe it poses production problems, tricky? Don't know, but I'd love a light colour jigged bone or smooth Ivory Bone...:D

IMG_1292.jpg

Assuming Mikes Facebook inquiry has meat behind it . Does anyone know if the next 25 Barlow have the stamped UNxLD bolster or the threaded bolster?

Thanks Mike, I love the threaded bolster but I'll be looking forward to the stamped bolsters. It's been too long and I don't have any examples left.

Back