1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

General Update #2

Discussion in 'Evans Knife and Tool' started by Brian.Evans, Apr 1, 2017.

1. lovescamaros

lovescamaros Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 2014
    brian, its great to hear things are moving in the right direction and you got the refund you deserved. i eagerly await to see some progress pics.

2. Norwegian hanzo

Norwegian hanzo

Jun 1, 2017
    What email should i reply on?
    Your evanknifeandtools.com email dont work for a damn :p

3. Barrettboy

Barrettboy

Oct 20, 2016
    Piiiiiiiiiiictuuuuuuures...

4. SpeedHoles

SpeedHoles

Jan 18, 2015
    I almost completely forgot I paid for this...

5. Manowar1980

Manowar1980

Feb 2, 2015
    Hi Evans!
    When will the process end?

6. Jason Burke

Jason Burke

Thursday
    John- did you ever get an answer back on the address change? I am in the same situation.

7. wming18

wming18

Mar 6, 2017
    Nope I haven't gotten an answer back yet. Still waiting on some kind of reply

8. bfeasterjr

bfeasterjr

Sep 13, 2015
    Any news? It has been 3weeks.

9. Harmon

Harmon

Mar 31, 2017
    Even though I received a full refund from Brian (I was one of the last ones, if not the last one to get it), I have to give my take on this entire endeavor. I would like to start with saying that initially I was under the impression that EKT will be producing (making) the knives. I was a bit thrown back when Brian spent more than a year trying to find someone to make the knives for him. I am still not in the clear who is manufacturing these knives or parts of them? Maybe I misunderstood something in the fine prints, but still is this an EKT manufactured or just EKT designed knife and produced by who ever is cheapest and fastest? Secondly, communication with people who trusted and invested their money in EKT was awful at best. Late email replies, if there were any, long waits, etc. I dropped by to this thread to see how the things are progressing and I can see that nothing changed. If Brian took upon himself to make each knife by hand, on by one, he would be finished by now. It has been more than a year and there isn't a single photo of the progress. My feeling here is, if you do not have the time to do something, don't do it. Especially when all these people depend on you and you took upon yourself to take their money. I hope I didn't offend anyone with this, it's just my two cents. I wish Brian all the best, but this is not the way to do business.

10. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    It was in the fine print. So was that there are no refunds all though Brian himself said there would be, which there were for a while.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but wasnt the first run made overseas?

11. rabbivj

rabbivj Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2007
    you would be correct, the 1st run was made in China.

12. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    That is what I thought. Thanks.