Giveaway - custom scandi sheath (COMPLETED)

No? From the photo it appears that there is still a bit of the initial scandi grind just in front of the bolster. Beautiful working tool regardless, I've always appreciated Roselli's practicality.
Anything's possible, of course. When I'm ready to have you build me a sheath for it, you'll be able to get a hands-on look at it!

Zieg

Very generous GAW- thanks for the chance.
I'm thinking I'd send you the bone-handled one. The Ypsilanti (city in Michigan; I don't know the maker's name) has a sheath that works.

Don't ask me how I got that picture to work.

That one worked even easier. This is a very nice knife I might use if it had a less hirsute sheath.

Hadn't caught that second picture until today, thought "hirsute" might be a typo until I looked it up and found it was perfectly used!. Learn something new every day ;)

Personally, I think the last knife would be the better entry. The bone handled knife would make for a very skinny sheath. Doable, but I would probably have to use 6oz leather instead of 8-9oz (would be difficult to mold thick leather around such a narrow radius)... something for consideration during the interim :)

Last edited:
Hadn't caught that second picture until today, thought "hirsute" might be a typo until I looked it up and found it was perfectly used!. Learn something new every day ;)

Personally, I think the last night would be the better entry. The bone handled knife would make for a very skinny sheath. Doable, but I would probably have to use 6oz leather instead of 8-9oz (would be difficult to mold thick leather around such a narrow radius)... something for consideration during the interim :)
[this one is a non-entry]
I just added the second picture after coming across the knife.
I'm convinced the oak ferule would be the one to send. The long thin bone handle is cool, but I'm not confident it would stand up to use. It probably wants a sheath like the hairy one, and that's kind of what it's got.

I learned the word "hirsute" from a standardized test in elementary school, and remembered it because it seemed stupidly unnecessary. My previous post may be the first time I've used it, and I'm 65.

Alright, these are the entry positions I have for tonights drawing:

1. RayseM
2. marchone
3. kamagong
4. screened porch
5. The Zieg
6. redsparrow
7. nbp
8. James River

Cutoff is at 7pm central tonight. Good luck everyone!

Just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to play along, there were some truly excellent entries and I wish I could sheath them all!

Tonight's winner is kamagong kamagong

contest.png

Congratulations! Please PM or email me at swissheritageco @ protonmail.com to claim your sheath!

A big THANK YOU to everyone for participating, and while I realize not winning is no fun, don't lose out hope just yet. I intend to hold another giveaway in a few months so stay tuned :)

In the meantime, I will update this thread with photos of kamagong kamagong 's new sheath once it's completed. Thanks again to everyone for playing along, some really really great entries!

Back