• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Glide - New Design

This is the first knife for this design. I am very happy with the way this one turned out.

glide.jpg

The specs are:
Steel: 1/8" 440C
Blade: 5.5" (just a hair under actually)
OAL: 10"
Handle: Black Canvas Micarta
Pins & Lanyard: 416SS
Sheath: Concealex with a tec-loc for easy on & off

Price is $200USD and I will ship for free within North America

As always comments &/or questions are welcome.

Thanks for looking,
Sean

Nice piece Sean! Welcome to BFC!

Will you be in Toronto in October or will you wait until the 10th Annual Spring Show?

Dale.

Thanks Dale.

No I'm not going to attend the October CKG show. It's just too far for me to travel to do both shows each year. Since the April show is the two day show I think I will opt for the April show each year. So I will be at the April show again, I've actually already booked my table for it.

So you there in April.

Sean

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I now accept Paypal.

So ya know if you were thinkin to yourself "I'd buy it if only he accepted paypal ...". lol:p

Thanks,
Sean

Glenn I received the payment today. Will ship the knife out this afternoon via airmail.

Will send you a private email as well to confirm.

Thanks,
Sean

Sean,

Now all you have to do is become an 'even more famous' knifemaker so I can boast that I have 'his first ever made' Glide.:D

Ya I'm sure that's right around the corner! LOL

I sent the knife out today, will email you the tracking number tonight.

Thanks again,
Sean

Sean,

The Glide just arrived. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but you have done a great job. For those who want a brief description. The Glide is sitting next to my Spyderco Featherweight Moran on the desk beside me as I write. I was struck by how much similarity there was between them. The two look like twin brothers (sort of like from the Movie "Twins" with Arnie and Dannie Devito) even down to thickness, blade width, and distal taper, except the Glide blade is 5.5 inches long and the Moran 4 inches. That likeness doesn't show up as much in the photograph as it does in reality.

Two other things immediately grab me about the glide. One is the lightness and perfect balance in the hand (I reckon you should call it the Featherweight Glide but I suppose Spyderco might justifiably get upset at that). The other is the handle. The canvas micarta scales perfectly fit my hand. The grip is so secure and comfortable. Well done Sean. This will be a pride of place user knife in my collection.:D I wish I knew how to make a knife like this.:grumpy:

Back