Got an Infraction today for trying to warn of a ZT0560 counterfeit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody forces anybody to pay for a membership. This is Spark's house, his rules.
As far as I'm concerned, the amount of generosity, knowledge, and friendships I have established on this forum is well worth the money for a paid membership.

Ya sometimes.

infractions.png
what is bargain spotting?

Nobody forces anybody to pay for a membership. This is Spark's house, his rules.
As far as I'm concerned, the amount of generosity, knowledge, and friendships I have established on this forum is well worth the money for a paid membership.

absolutely correct and 25 dollars is such a small amount to pay to play in such a great sandbox, it's just the turds and the wetspots you have to watch out for :D

"TC4 TITANIUM F90" is this the one? It is a xm-18 knockoff, not a 0560.

absolutely correct and 25 dollars is such a small amount to pay to play in such a great sandbox, it's just the turds and the wetspots you have to watch out for :D
That was just hilarious, and sig worthy. ;)

Little did OP know, Complaining about receiving infractions is an offense punishable by another infraction! :eek:

:mad: MODS, SEIZE HIM! :mad:

Just kidding (probably). It seems like you really have to tiptoe through the tulips here on bladeforums. :confused:
Tip toe? Nah. However, if there are any suggestions for improvement, I think Spark would be more than open to hearing them. It's not like there are thousands of rules, most people don't even bother reading them.

Last edited:
Legally speaking, we all agreed to the rules when we joined.

Says "The Government" lol.

Maybe making new members at least open the rules threads before making any other threads available would help. Im guilty of not reading any of the rules on any of the forums that im on just like most other people.

Little did OP know, Complaining about receiving infractions is an offense punishable by another infraction! :eek:

:mad: MODS, SEIZE HIM! :mad:

Just kidding (probably). It seems like you really have to tiptoe through the tulips here on bladeforums. :confused:

Nope. The rules are all very simple

Forums that are to heavily moderated take away everything fun about being on a forum sometimes... you have to act like a robotic sheep sometimes.

BF's is by far the most organized forum I have been on. The forum has rules, and this helps keep each sub forum on track, and not become cluttered with topics that don't pertain to that particular sub forum. Unlike some other forums, it also keeps the atmosphere civil. A certain amount of disagreemnet is allowed, and opinions are respected, until they become hostile or insulting. I personally prefer it that way.

I agree, the over policing takes a lot away from it. I'm a member on many boards for many different interests and this is the only one ive seen where you have to pay to sell and get PM's. Then you only get 100 PMs for a paid gold membership, like PM's cost them money. Funny how all the other boards can pay the bills just fine with advertising, i wonder where all that extra money goes.

That is something you would have to ask Spark, but I seriously doubt he is getting rich off of doing this. If he is, more power to him.
Only 100 p.m's ? How many do you need ? I don't know about most people, but I delete the ones I don't want or need to keep.

This was just a big misunderstanding. One moderator thought I was bargain spotting when actually I was trying to point out fraudulent activity. It was not in a sales thread or in anyone else's thread. I created a thread entitled ZT0560 Knock-off on EBay or something like that and said that I had notified Kershaw. I understand now though that even pointing out fraudulent activity could be used as "spamming" or bargain spotting. I read the rules and I understood that bargain spotting was not allowed, I just didn't think that I was bargain spotting. I totally understand why a moderator could have interpreted my post as bargain spotting though. It just didn't occur to me that someone would interpret it that way...

This was just a big misunderstanding. One moderator thought I was bargain spotting when actually I was trying to point out fraudulent activity. It was not in a sales thread or in anyone else's thread. I created a thread entitled ZT0560 Knock-off on EBay or something like that and said that I had notified Kershaw. I understand now though that even pointing out fraudulent activity could be used as "spamming" or bargain spotting. I read the rules and I understood that bargain spotting was not allowed, I just didn't think that I was bargain spotting. I totally understand why a moderator could have interpreted my post as bargain spotting though. It just didn't occur to me that someone would interpret it that way...

This is exactly what your post contained:

UN-BRAND Black G10 inlay D2 Blade TC4 TITANIUM Handle Folding knife F94

http://bit.ly/P1jCgB

With the header:
ZT 0560 Knockoff on EBay

No mention of it being a report to anyone and containing a link to a live auction.
Hard to intertpret as anything but deal spotting.

If some one is selling a knife, don't post in their thread unless you have a clear intent to buy, or need clarification on the item. Some poeple just want to sell their stuff, without having 10 people chiming in that aren't going to buy.

What is 'chatting' in the context of an internet forum and why is it a bad thing? :confused:

Rev did a good job of explaining it. The Exchange forums are not for discussion. It's bad thing because the rules say it is. Sellers don't want to sort through ten different "nice knife..I have one just like it. Does yours lock up late like mine does? I'll post a pic to show you what I mean."

See how a single post like the example I used could screw up a sales thread?

The only exception to this currently is in the Knifemakers Exchange, they welcome feedback and rightly so. ;)

If some one is selling a knife, don't post in their thread unless you have a clear intent to buy, or need clarification on the item. Some poeple just want to sell their stuff, without having 10 people chiming in that aren't going to buy.

Ah, I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back