1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

grippy g10 sebenza scale

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Devill, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Devill

Devill

Dec 20, 2011
    hey BF

i duno if this is the right place (hope it is), but can someone point me in the proper direction of someone that could do a od green g-10 sebenza scale with a course texture and 3 fullers a la tad gear?

i can supply the g10

thanks

2. Stark Knives

Stark Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 19, 2010
    You could contact tuffthumbz. He does great work. :)

3. MikeDJ2

MikeDJ2

May 26, 2012
    I didn't even know they made these for the Sebenza... o_O

4. KC8QVO

KC8QVO

Apr 7, 2011
    I hope you don't mind me posting in your thread too, but how does one add grippy'ness to G10 scales?

The reason I ask is my new knife is coming with G10 scales specifically after handling my ESEE-3 that has G10. The ESEE scales are machined on the edges (rounded) and flat on the face with a very coarse texture, I am assuming it is either a pattern molded in to them or it is the raw material itself. The flat sides and the machine sides "grab" more than anything else I have. My EDC is canvas Micarta and after a while it gets polished from use and wear in/out of my pockets. From what I have heard G10 will do the same thing over time, but I am curious to see how well it wears. So my ultimate question is how to make the G10 more grippy? Sanding? Some kind of coating? Some kind of cleaner? A special maintenance technique? I like the raw and coarse G10 feel.