Hammer-in Oct. 27th Connecticut...

Hammer-in time!!! Oct. 27th 9-4 at the Guilford Art Center. Demos will be Blade forging with Mace Vitale J.S., Blade grinding with Andy Billipp, Fitting a knife guard with Dave Loukidis J.S. , Hand finishing blades with Mace Vitale J.S. , Bronze sword casting with Barbara Wechter, And blacksmithing demos and open forging.
$25.- and includes Hot dog lunch. We will also do a raffle...donations for raffle greatly appreciated. All proceeds will go to tooling for the shop. Bring a friend and enjoy a day of smithing in New England!

Thank's For Posting This Mace,
There is something for everybody at this Hammer in. It is also a great way to meet other Knife maker's and Blacksmith's.
Mace If you are still looking for raffle I items I will put in at least 2 bars of 1/4" x 1.5" 5160.
Sincerely,
Dave

Will there be a rope-cut again this year??

Probably be some cuttin....
If anyone is planning on coming by please let me know here.
Thanks
Mace

I've put it on the calendar, probably a 60% chance I'll make it.

I really hope to be there this year. I can't be 100% sure yet but I think I will be free.

Not sure we'll get warm and dry, but it doesn't look TOO bad, maybe a little rain but not freezing cold or anything. I'll be there and may have a buddy coming.

Was planning to go and looking forward to it, even got the wife's ok, but it's my only day off and after a months long search for a drill press it looks like I'll be driving to LI to buy one on Saturday. Timing was never my strong suit.

Well. I was making good time. Sitting in town fair tire. I will get there eventually though.

Well ...we had an awesome day! Beautiful weather ALL day!!! great demos(Thanks to you all for the help!) and a great hotdog lunch! Fun...fun! Pics soon!
Mace

mace_leaf.jpg

aldo_rope.jpg

David, that barrel I couldn't remember the maker for? It's just marked J. Kusky. No other info, not even caliber or proof marks. Since it was a completely custom rifle built on a sako short action I wouldn't be surprised if the barrel was specifically made for my grandfather. I can't find any info on J. Kusky so I'm not sure if that's the barrel maker, gunsmith who did the rifle build or what. That rifle came in 2nd in Light Varmint class in 1961 for the American Benchrest Association championship match. Ed Shilen came in first by about 7/1000". Now I'm curious about the barrel.

Last edited:
Back